• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Tepper has become a major asset for the Panthers

TheSpecialJuan

11 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

To his credit, Tepper admitted the mistake of hiring Rhule. He seemed to have learned a lesson in humility by the mistake and was smart enough to step back, hire  great coaches and let them and Fitterer  make the important football moves.

He admitted a mistake only after waiting even longer than she should have.  Mistake was more than evident after the 2022 season.  And he still went on and completely and pointlessly wasted the 2023 season.  

it's like giving Jimmy Clausen one more year in 2011 to be the starter....arguing that 2010 wasn't enough to really be sure.   

To date Tepper hasn't been a good owner.  We have been an unstable and losing org.  That's the facts and that's how you judge him.  Maybe he will turn into one. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

He admitted a mistake only after waiting even longer than she should have.  Mistake was more than evident after the 2022 season.  And he still went on and completely and pointlessly wasted the 2023 season.  

it's like giving Jimmy Clausen one more year in 2011 to be the starter....arguing that 2010 wasn't enough to really be sure.   

To date Tepper hasn't been a good owner.  We have been an unstable and losing org.  That's the facts and that's how you judge him.  Maybe he will turn into one. 

And this was after hanging onto Ron post-2018 and Hurney through 2020.

19 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

To his credit, Tepper admitted the mistake of hiring Rhule. He seemed to have learned a lesson in humility by the mistake and was smart enough to step back, hire  great coaches and let them and Fitterer  make the important football moves.

Stopped reading after the first page, because it was painfully obvious no of the haters had watched the video/interview. 

Tepper is an asset. 

Not sure why anyone feels the need to rehash the past. When you're stuck in the past, you can't move forward. 

Teppeer has learned a lot, and is empowering his football staff the be the best, and do their best work. He isn't meddling, he is staying on the same page with them, and encouraging them, and adding suggestions where they might be needed.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Admitting you've made a mistake is not the same as displaying that you're an asset.  Otherwise we can say the same about Houston's owner who moved up to number 3.  If we start winning, and this qb pick works out then we may be able to say that Tepper is in asset.  So far he has destroyed everything he's touched as the Panthers owner including the turf. 

I’m no Tepper apologist, but give credit where it’s due at least. There’s a few areas where owners can be assets, and he has opened up his wallet for coaches since he got here. Matt Rhule was the wrong person to open the wallet for, but he did it still, and now he’s got an actual good head coach who he gave the green light to go get the best coaching staff regardless of cost.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Stopped reading after the first page, because it was painfully obvious no of the haters had watched the video/interview. 

Tepper is an asset. 

Not sure why anyone feels the need to rehash the past. When you're stuck in the past, you can't move forward. 

Teppeer has learned a lot, and is empowering his football staff the be the best, and do their best work. He isn't meddling, he is staying on the same page with them, and encouraging them, and adding suggestions where they might be needed.  

Talk is cheap. Results are paramount. Looks promising, but means nothing yet. It's really that simple.

16 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I’m no Tepper apologist, but give credit where it’s due at least. There’s a few areas where owners can be assets, and he has opened up his wallet for coaches since he got here. Matt Rhule was the wrong person to open the wallet for, but he did it still, and now he’s got an actual good head coach who he gave the green light to go get the best coaching staff regardless of cost.

I support Frank Reich. It all comes down to results. I just think it's premature to start celebrating how awesome Tepper or even Reich is until we see the product on the field. Being cautiously optimistic is one thing but people on here act like success is a foregone conclusion. It's not.

9 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Talk is cheap. Results are paramount. Looks promising, but means nothing yet. It's really that simple.

I don't know how you can't see a difference since rhule has been fired. 

But that on you. Open you eyes, pay attention,  and let go of the past. Everyone makes mistakes, stop acting holier-than-thou.

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Pie 2

Really love to see Tepper evolve as an owner. I think he was trying to find the balance between his Wall Street and NFL leadership and I think he finally found the right mix. I was watching CNBC this morning and they were interviewing him about draft night and on his previous CNBC interviews he always sounded like a completely different person than NFL media Tepper. This morning it sounded like his business and NFL personas have finally found a perfect medium. Really excited for the future 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Let's see how this all works out before we get the crown out again.

I think that's what most folks are saying...at least those who think positively of the circumstances. No one is saying he's a great owner or even a great asset (except for the tweet referenced) just yet, but things appear to be heading in the right direction.

It's okay to express optimism.

• Pie 1