• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2 - The Carolina Panthers Select Jonathan Mingo - WR - Mississippi

rodeo

5 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Did you just state the most obvious thing ever back at me and then go on a victory rant? Yes, of course we would’ve used one on a DE. That isn’t a breakthrough you just made man

So why trade Burns if we have to replace him at that same position with a player that most likely wont be as good as him?

That just doesn't make sense. Trading Burns only makes sense if we already have another DE who can replace his production on the roster.

It defeats the purpose of trading him. Understand now?

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

So why trade Burns if we have to replace him at that same position with a player that most likely wont be as good as him?

That just doesn't make sense. Trading Burns only makes sense if we already have another DE who can replace his production on the roster.

It defeats the purpose of trading him. Understand now?

You can keep saying the same thing over and over again as much as you want. Yes you would need to replace Burns with a rookie DE or go buy one in FA. Yes you would have an extra first round pick (or 2 if you go FA). These are not new revelations. 

• Poo 1

3 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Shi Smith and Damiere Byrd will be battling it out for a spot now.

Yeah, you got to think we carry 6 WRs max. I’m no particular order:

Thielen, Chark, Marshall, Shenault, Mingo, Byrd, Smith, Wright, Williams, Saunders.

The last 3 are probably gone but then you gotta decide between Bryd and Smith. 

Unless there is a plan to make Laviska a RB.

49 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Damn I hadn't watched many highlights but Mingo has some wheels for 6'2" 220lbs. Hopefully he's AJ Brown/Deebo. I guess the foot injury hurt his stock. Seems very confident in his car interview thing

Yea he can move and is is going to be a yac machine. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah looks like we're going quick strike yac offense with Chark over the top. Mingo can get out there too though, I forgot he was basically Corrals only weapon his last year at Ole Miss

Best way to protect a smaller qb, get the ball out of his hands quickly. Run the ball well and take deep shots off play action. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

You can keep saying the same thing over and over again as much as you want. Yes you would need to replace Burns with a rookie DE or go buy one in FA. Yes you would have an extra first round pick (or 2 if you go FA). These are not new revelations. 

Yeah but every defense needs a bonafide pass rusher and you just gutted your team of the star DE. You’re just going to end up wasting picks or trading assets to replace him. 

49 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Yeah, you got to think we carry 6 WRs max. I’m no particular order:

Thielen, Chark, Marshall, Shenault, Mingo, Byrd, Smith, Wright, Williams, Saunders.

The last 3 are probably gone but then you gotta decide between Bryd and Smith. 

Unless there is a plan to make Laviska a RB.

I like Shi Smiths talent but I’m partial to Byrd . I think he’s always been an underrated player. We should have kept him a long time ago.