• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Henderson's option declined

Mr. Scot

29 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Scott Fitterer & Co. thought they knew better than the Jags and decided to flip a 2022 third round pick — a valuable selection where starters can be drafted — plus veteran tight end Dan Arnold in exchange for Henderson and a fifth round pick. This trade has not aged well.

I mean, we TECHNICALY got a starter in that trade for Henderson.

He's not a good starter, but he starts.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I mean, we TECHNICALY got a starter in that trade for Henderson.

He's not a good starter, but he starts.

From Mike Kaye...

Although Henderson has made the occasional highlight play for the Panthers, he has yet to carve out a permanent starting role in the secondary. He will look to earn that job under his third NFL coaching staff this season.

While Henderson’s option was declined, he could still earn a second deal with the Panthers with a strong 2023 campaign.

The Panthers passed up the opportunity to select a cornerback in this past weekend’s draft. The squad also failed to bring in a veteran cornerback during free agency.

Both decisions put Henderson in prime position to earn an important role in Evero’s system.

Reasonable to guess that Evero had input on those decisions as well.

Edited by Mr. Scot

36 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

By the way, Rhule was behind the Henderson/Darnold trade--he based his decision on the college film he watched on CJ and not the Jags film--by his own admission, if you recall. 

I am interested to see how they use Jammie, to switch gears.  I doubt he was drafted to sit behind Chinn, Bell, and Woods. 

this was at a time that rhule had control of the roster (which was a REALLY bad idea). Darnold was the only option for a  QB that rhule had any knowledge of and that was only because he interviewed there. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

this was at a time that rhule had control of the roster (which was a REALLY bad idea). Darnold was the only option for a  QB that rhule had any knowledge of and that was only because he interviewed there. 

I'd imagine there qre probably a fair number of Rhule era "WTF" stories we still haven't heard yet.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

this was at a time that rhule had control of the roster (which was a REALLY bad idea). Darnold was the only option for a  QB that rhule had any knowledge of and that was only because he interviewed there

Great point--I had forgotten that. 

7 minutes ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

"Henderson set to be big part of secondary in 23'"........ouch me no likey 

I read an article that basically described Evero's 3-4 (and so much could be  based on the personnel he had in Denver).  Basically, the Safeties are the studs of the secondary, and the CBs on the outside play a zone.  Maybe he thinks Henderson can handle that.