• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Henderson's option declined

Mr. Scot

34 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

I would agree as he is a very convenient scape goat.  We will never truly know the degree of control Matt Rhule (he both claimed he was in control and that he was not in separate articles) actually had, but Tepper and Fitterer giving the man total control speaks to their decision making ability.   

he's more than a scapegoat and there is plenty of information out about the amount of control he had, and it wasn't control Fitt gave to him. Fitt walked into a situation where the coach had been given too much control. it was eventually rectified, but not after a lot of really poor choices had been made. 

it was Tepper (still green to the job of owning a football franchise) and hurney (who sucked as a GM) that gave rhule that control.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Henderson is the classic example that he has all the tools and traits but does he have the heart? I believe that was his biggest knock in the draft process coming out of Florida.

nothing pissed me off more about Henderson than watching him jog after the receiver instead of trying to at least make a play after getting burned

• Pie 5

Yep. I think keeping an open mind on Fitterer for the past. He didn’t create it, I just don’t think I can place blame on him for doing his job in the course of all that. 

edit: oh yeah, that. jogging stood way out to me.  

If CJ gets better at playing, trade his ass while the value is high.

Edited by stratocatter

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeeeeaaahhh...no.

More than one insider has pointed out that Matt Rhule was the one who most heavily coveted CJ Henderson. Likewise the pickups of Bridgewater, Darnold and Mayfield were all his idea.

Fitterer takes the blame for Darnold's fifth year option, but not the other stuff.

I'd add that Dan Arnold in Jacksonville hasn't exactly been anything special.

Dan Arnold is a free agent.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I read an article that basically described Evero's 3-4 (and so much could be  based on the personnel he had in Denver).  Basically, the Safeties are the studs of the secondary, and the CBs on the outside play a zone.  Maybe he thinks Henderson can handle that. 

Bet he wished he had safety help with Evans, that game pretty much sealed the deal on how ignorant our coaching staff was. God damn man everyone saw it and there was absolutely no adjustment made…

rage GIF

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, and with the disclaimer that I'm definitely not a Rhule apologist, it looked that way to a lot of us.

Remember the absolute euphoria when we traded for Stephon Gilmore?

Yeah I still didn’t understand why people thought we were a playoff team. 
I mean we barely beat the Jets, barely beat the Texans and even though we blew out the Saints Darnold was showing his bad tendencies. Remember that interception were he pretty much just gave the ball to the D-lineman? 
He he was showing his bad tendencies in all 3 wins. Then the 4th game happened and like most backup QBs the clock struck midnight. 

2 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Meh. We received a 5th for Arnold which was fair imo. Giving the Jags a 3rd for a young and cheap CB isn’t the end of the world and I still view it as worth the risk. 

Yep. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You're never going to win it all without taking risks. Henderson presumably has one more year to figure things out. He just has a little more motivation. 

55 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Remember that time Rhule thought he had a playoff team after 3 weeks, traded for Henderson, and proceeded togo 2-12 the remainder of the season? I remember... 

Honestly those games always gave me a bad feeling when watching them. Like a time bomb waiting to go off. Which eventually it did. 
Something just never felt right.