• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

27 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The titans were literally just the #1 seed by having a competent qb and brutal run game.  Thats the model it appears that smith wants to build.  So it still can be down in the modern nfl

Tannehill is solid. A helluva lot better than I expect Ridder to be.

Folks overlook that when the Titans won the division back to back years Tannehill threw for about 7500 yards and 50+ TDs. The Titans went 6-6 last year with Tannehill starting. They went 1-4 in the games he missed.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Eh, that’s an opinion. I dunno that the schedule makers micro analyze it to that level. They seem to usually base it on who will be good teams. 

Your edit was what I was going to post. The schedule makers absolutely analyze that stuff. Fan base and TV draws (top QBs or SB winner or solid team, etc.). No way the Jets get Black Friday game with Zach Wilson. The Falcons have a small fan base and have no draw. We have Bryce Young as the #1 pick. That matters more to schedule makers than us being potentially a game better than the Falcons.

40 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Your edit was what I was going to post. The schedule makers absolutely analyze that stuff. Fan base and TV draws (top QBs or SB winner or solid team, etc.). No way the Jets get Black Friday game with Zach Wilson. The Falcons have a small fan base and have no draw. We have Bryce Young as the #1 pick. That matters more to schedule makers than us being potentially a game better than the Falcons.

I’m not comparing them to us. I’m saying no prime time games at all means they probably don’t think the falcons are gonna be good. Nothing is more interesting than success. I mean, it’s all speculation anyway and we’re splitting hairs over what schedule makers think lol. Not that big of a deal, so 🤷‍♂️ we’ll see. I’m expecting the falcons to not be a bottom 5 team but not in the mix for the division in the back quarter of the season either. Us, depends on Bryce’s acclimation to the NFL and health. Saints win it by default unless Bryce stays healthy and lives up to analysts’ expectations. Bucs might be a bottom 5 team. 

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

There is literally nothing to do in Green Bay lol. 

but there is a poo load to do in Milwaukee. Wouldnt be surprised if people road the train from Mil to GB and back. 

I stayed in Milwaukee for a festival one year... to this day it is still one of the funnest experiences ive ever had. People are ridiculously nice there and the beer/food is awesome.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Gruden is working as a consultant in NO...specifically to help Carr and help the coaches develop the best system for him.  No link...heard it on Sirius.

NO...the place where slime goes to slime.

And when was the last time Gruden actually developed a QB? This ought to play out well.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have no idea how Gruden is still seen as a QB guru when he was carried by an elite D with mediocre offense on his actually good teams. With that said, he does have a history with Carr. Seems like this is likely per Carr's request.

Meaning he was not too impressed with the NO staff???

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Meaning he was not too impressed with the NO staff???

I dont think anyone is very impressed by NOs staff. They have decided to go all in to win a shitty division and have continued to kick the can further down the road.

If they dont win the division I doubt their staff survives for another season.