• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

58 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

They should have stuck with Washington Football Team.  That was a unique name in the NFL and is something they could have built on.

Problem was they were about to be sued for false and misleading advertising.

On a similar note, I took a job in and moved to northern Virginia when the NBA team renamed themselves to the Wizards.  The standing joke was that the name Washington Bullets was too violent, so they were going to change it to just the Bullets.

16 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

It does.  I didn't like it when they unveiled it, but that aside it will now be linked to Dan Snyder.

Time for them to flush the toilet.  The Commanders name is part of that, I think.

Weren't they also having issues getting it trademarked? So anyone could just rip it off to sell merch with 0 repercussions 

1 minute ago, toldozer said:

Weren't they also having issues getting it trademarked? So anyone could just rip it off to sell merch with 0 repercussions 

If I remember correctly, when it was rumored that would be the name, some guy applied for a trademark on it.

Back in 95, some dickhead did the same thing to the Panthers.com web domain thinking the team would pay him for it. They didn't.

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

How about Warriors?  It fits DC and is a nod to the old nickname.  They could even use the old 70's spear logo.

I like Warriors but they would have to do a slight modification to the logo. They may want to stay away from anything native and instead of the spear, maybe a medieval sword or something like that have a knight as a mascot. On the other hand, the Chiefs use an arrowhead on their logo. I guess they would have to have discussions about the spear.

I had to look it up, but the problem in trademarking Washington Commanders was that the Patent and Trademark Office ruled it could be confused with the annual Commanders Classic game between Air Force and Army.

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

mtv style film GIF

If they are going to go the route of a movie gang, I would suggest the Washington Black Widows.