• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton as the Current Starting QB

tukafan21

6 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

All I can go by is the language that you use. Farce, massively wrong, and posing questions about what ifs. And you always seem to jump to worse case scenarios. That's why I said you worry over all this.

What do you see when you read your own posts? 

I've made no proclamations about what I expect to happen. You've just assumed these things.

I expect Bryce to start week one.

If he doesn't because he can't beat out Andy Dalton there's gonna be panic in the fanbase. Am I wrong?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've made no proclamations about what I expect to happen. You've just assumed these things.

If he doesn't because he can't beat out Andy Dalton there's gonna be panic in the fanbase. Am I wrong?

I think you are blowing this all out of proportion. I don't foresee riots in the streets if Bryce doesn't start week one.

Reread your posts on this page and point out anything positive. I was trying to show positive responses to your posts. It was worth a shot.

13 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I think you are blowing this all out of proportion. I don't foresee riots in the streets if Bryce doesn't start week one.

Reread your posts on this page and point out anything positive. I was trying to show positive responses to your posts. It was worth a shot.

My only statements in this thread have been regarding the hypothetical situation where Bryce doesn't start because he doesn't heat out Andy Dalton. Unsurprisingly, there aren't any positive takes in that scenario.

I've said that I expect Bryce to start.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My only statements in this thread have been regarding the hypothetical situation where Bryce doesn't start because he doesn't heat out Andy Dalton. Unsurprisingly, there aren't any positive takes in that scenario.

I've said that I expect Bryce to start.

Yes, yes you have.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, especially if Stroud is starting week 1

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Its gonna be a absolute shitstorm. 

• Pie 1

Bryce’s football IQ and processing abilities should put him on the fast track to start Day 1. The only thing that I could imagine might make the coaching staff hold off on starting him, is if they’re truly terrified about his frame holding up in the NFL and they want to essentially give him a redshirt season to bulk up. They’ve already said they have a plan for him to put on weight, I’m just not sure the timeline they envision for that.

• Pie 2

On 5/6/2023 at 1:32 AM, jfra78 said:

Breaking news, we not winning the Superbowl this season

According to most Huddle regulars , we won it by default when we hired Frank Reich, apperantly the greatest coach to ever coach in any sport and I am just not getting it 

Seriosly , they are not even going to have a 2023 Season because the rest it the league doesn't want to be embarrassed by Frank The Great

On 5/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, MasterAwesome said:

Bryce’s football IQ and processing abilities should put him on the fast track to start Day 1. The only thing that I could imagine might make the coaching staff hold off on starting him, is if they’re truly terrified about his frame holding up in the NFL and they want to essentially give him a redshirt season to bulk up. They’ve already said they have a plan for him to put on weight, I’m just not sure the timeline they envision for that.

There is no circumstance other than Young getting hurt in the pre-season and needing to go on IR that would end up with him having a redshirt season.

We traded a ton to go up to #1 to have our choice of QB's and took the player who was supposed to be the most pro ready QB in decades, if he isn't starting week 1 it's a disaster, if he needs a redshirt season to bulk up, there would be a mutiny by the fans and BOA would get burned to the ground.

If Jim Caldwell, Frank Reich, Thomas Brown, and Josh McCown all think Dalton should start over Young then I will support their decision rather than supporting somebody on the Internet having a meltdown. ~\_(ツ)_/~

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

There is no circumstance other than Young getting hurt in the pre-season and needing to go on IR that would end up with him having a redshirt season.

We traded a ton to go up to #1 to have our choice of QB's and took the player who was supposed to be the most pro ready QB in decades, if he isn't starting week 1 it's a disaster, if he needs a redshirt season to bulk up, there would be a mutiny by the fans and BOA would get burned to the ground.

Your hyperbole aside, I'm not saying I expect my scenario to happen.  I think it's extremely likely that Bryce starts Week 1.  I'm just exploring alternative hypotheticals as to why a QB like Bryce would sit Week 1, when he seems extremely pro-ready.  The obstacle with most rookie QBs in transitioning to the NFL appears to be the mental stuff.  Bryce seems like the type of QB you could give a brand new playbook to on Friday, and he'll be ready to start on Sunday.

I am not a fan of throwing rookies into the starting role day 1 but I trust Reich and McCown.  Having guys who have been thru the NFL fire will be a huge help to them on game day.  They will be able to help him on the fly in a way that guys who haven't played the position at that level can not.

10 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

According to most Huddle regulars , we won it by default when we hired Frank Reich, apperantly the greatest coach to ever coach in any sport and I am just not getting it 

Seriosly , they are not even going to have a 2023 Season because the rest it the league doesn't want to be embarrassed by Frank The Great

I am not going to crown him a coaching genius yet but I will say he sure beats the hell out of that moron Rhule still being in charge.

• Beer 1