• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

This really is the dumbest franchise in all of pro sports. I really have a hard time thinking of a worse one when it comes to drafting at least.

Miller will set them back another 3-4 years. They were gifted a #1 overall prospect in most drafts and botched it.

Jordan is a bozo. Really is. 

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Couldn’t have said it better. I think both will be good but we’re not the right place for Scoot to thrive, and I think Miller’s ceiling realistically is about Brandon Ingram. I’d rather gamble on an established star that we know could be a game changer for us than bank on Scoot becoming a franchise shooting guard or Miller becoming Paul George. 

You don’t take Brandon Ingram #2 

38 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

You don’t take Brandon Ingram #2 

Dude, we took MKG at 2 we would be lucky to get an Ingram at 2. Dude has been massively underrated playing in the dark in NO and the Zion circus. The last 4 years he's been an absolute bucket. 24 ppg 5.5 rpg 5 apg. he just took a little time to get there. he's 25, he's from Kinston. he's long and athletic and we just don't have that. Miller might take a similar route and need 2 years to be an impact player. how do you keep Melo here? if they're on Miller or trading the pick, you're picking Melo in this draft too. If they draft Scoot I think they're on trading Melo. That's just my take. Draft Scoot based on how you feel about your chances with Melo signing long term or trade the pick and get Melo the guy he needs TODAY to win basketball games. we've hit the reset button too many times on all these first round picks.

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Just out of curiosity, who would everyone want to target in a trade if we did ship out the second pick?

Ingram would be such a good fit. I think we have a mini bull version of Zion with Bridges who plays that rim rocking power game, but we don't have anybody like Ingram who can play the wing. I think NO would be silly to trade him, but if they're going broke and they want to unhitch from Zion too, be bad enough to make it count. And before people go saying I believe Bridges makes Zion redundant, Zion is about twice the player as Bridges but from a stylistic standpoint it's a style of player we have. Who do we have like Ingram who can be a secondary usage percentage guy to take some of that off Melo to do some off ball things.

• Pie 1

I will also say this. the league has changed so much regarding movement of star players that you can't play the game where you prefer a kid at 19 to an established star at 25 if you think your window is cracking open. we've filled some big spots with Melo and Williams and Bridges for all his trouble is important to that window right now too. You've got those 3 and if you can keep them together for 4 years total you've done something rare. If you get the kid at 19 and wait for him to become what Ingram is at 25, everybody but Williams is probably gone from here. we've sold hope too much already and if some of these teams looking to tear it down want to reset their window with this pick, they're too far out for an Ingram to make a difference for them but we are not. You can't project this team 3 years out and say Melo and Bridges will both be here for Brandon Miller's time... even if you believe he can meet or exceed Ingram.