• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey calls trade to 49ers “the best thing that ever happened to me”

ladypanther

2 minutes ago, Dunn said:

Everyone saying SF > Charlotte is living in the early 2000s...that place is becoming a giant dump one day at a time with homeless and crime.  

Or, have never been in the first place.

Then look at taxes paid....shew weeee.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get not overpaying for him, but any suggestion that we aren't a better team with a player like that on the roster is pure fantasy. And any GM in the league would tell you that.

We misused him, we overpaid him, we didn't have good enough blocking for him, we had absolutely awful coaching and in the end made the right decision to trade him, but having a player of that caliber makes a team better.

He is 100% correct about it being a luxury. It didn't help SF win when they were down all their QB's because the league doesn't work like that. Same thing with Henry, Barkley, etc, etc, etc. Without the rest of the pieces around the elite RB, it doesn’t accomplish anything. 

Elite RB's are purely a luxury, not a necessity. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

50 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, if Young becomes a top 10 QB in the league then eventually CMC will be a footnote in Panthers history.

It's not really related to him but we only had one winning season in his entire Panthers career. Most of us are going to be very eager to move on from those memories.

I do kinda think our poor record had something to do with him actually.  It wasn't necessarily his fault, but he became such a focal point of the offense that it made us one-dimensional and painfully predictable.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Dunn said:

Everyone saying SF > Charlotte is living in the early 2000s...that place is becoming a giant dump one day at a time with homeless and crime.  

Yeah but that's for regular people. Rich(especially rich and young) people don't care as much about that kind of stuff.

SF has far greater access to badass stuff than CLT. And NC doesn't have access to nearly the kind of attractions for young people that CA does. 

Doesn't mean I would personally choose SF over CLT but I understand. Plus he is already a WC guy.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I do kinda think our poor record had something to do with him actually.  It wasn't necessarily his fault, but he became such a focal point of the offense that it made us one-dimensional and painfully predictable.  

I think more of it had to do with the team being built around a guy that ended up being broken beyond repair(Cam).

CMC had very little to do with Panthers success. Just look at his W-L record in games played versus games not played.

The success of the franchise was always going to revolve around Cam(or any of the successive QB's) and once he was done, so were we. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, DennisM1 said:

Love it from a former team "caption" on this team

He is obviously butthurt, which he has a right to be. 

We will see how it goes in the long term. Steve Smith and DeAngelo Williams also left here with some pretty hard feelings.

We eventually got SS back in the fold but not Williams. Ball is in CMC's court.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get not overpaying for him, but any suggestion that we aren't a better team with a player like that on the roster is pure fantasy. And any GM in the league would tell you that.

We misused him, we overpaid him, we didn't have good enough blocking for him, we had absolutely awful coaching and in the end made the right decision to trade him, but having a player of that caliber makes a team better.

no, we were better with him. not enough to make it worth the price tag though, especially with his propensity to get injured...at least here anyways.

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, rayzor said:

no, we were better with him. not enough to make it worth the price tag though, especially with his propensity to get injured...at least here anyways.

I mean… if you were him, and we know he doesn’t like being kept off the field, playing for Rhule. I’m sure he has some wear and tear injuries where he was like, “ok doc, I’m out for what..? 12 weeks, cool” which if he was on a competitor he’d fight to keep playing. I’m happy for the guy and hoping maybe in 5 years we can get him back for a SB run on a vet 1 year deal. 

Edited by Harbingers

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

He is obviously butthurt, which he has a right to be. 

We will see how it goes in the long term. Steve Smith and DeAngelo Williams also left here with some pretty hard feelings.

We eventually got SS back in the fold but not Williams. Ball is in CMC's court.

Disagree. He’s a west coast boy to begin with. He had a shitty coach for arguably his prime. I don’t think he has hate for the organization. I think it was just a rebuke of Rhule. But also a sports player placation of his current team. 

• Pie 1