• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral deserves a fair shot

Jmac

15 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

If you watch his presser he said all the right things, so much so that I think the press kinda got uninterested in the dynamics of him vs bryce towards the end when they realized he's happy in the situation. Great Presser.

It was a very good presser.  Loved  it.  Can't link...on Panthers.com got to videos.  Worth the listen.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Nail in the coffin, Corral will make the 53 man roster.  We would be idiots not to take advantage of the rule

Especially since we traded a pick for him, and also considering we might only get a 5th or 6th rounder back from another team for him. Much better to have a guy that's gone through the whole offseason program than to just grab an emergency guy in the middle of a week if theres an injury

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

What's to say that he doesn't do well enough to beat out Dalton for the #2 spot.  Dalton is going to get his money regardless. I think he'll be here for the 2 years on his contract.  There is nothing wrong with him mentoring both Young and Corral.

I believe Young is going to be awesome, but I am worried about his ability to stay healthy.  He has, or as they have said, great presence in the pocket but what happens when some LB destroys him.  Will he get up or end up injured for a week or two.  Can he withstand a 17-game schedule without getting hurt?

If Corral, shows he can manage this team it only helps us.  I think I'd rather have a young QB than Dalton.

I would not be surprised if by the end of the season Corral is #2.  

because you wouldn't go into week 1 with both your #1 and #2 QBs never having logged an actual NFL snap? 

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

because you wouldn't go into week 1 with both your #1 and #2 QBs never having logged an actual NFL snap? 

I wasn't implying week 1 but, if Corral showed good command of the offense, why not? You're going with a rookie anyhow and he is going to have a learning curve.  That said I don't believe they would. 

It's possible that by mid-season Corral could be #2. 

• Beer 2

42 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I wasn't implying week 1 but, if Corral showed good command of the offense, why not? You're going with a rookie anyhow and he is going to have a learning curve.  That said I don't believe they would. 

It's possible that by mid-season Corral could be #2. 

Yuppers. Now that teams can keep 3 QBs, Corall is pretty much assured to make the team. Barring any unforeseen circumstances anywho. 

They were kind of under the gun there for a while. Now they can take their time and develop Corall without having to rush it. This is good for us for a change. lol

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Pie 1

I don't believe the team has made any concrete decisions about him at this point. Reich said they want to see what they have in him and he will likely get significant playing time in preseason. I take them at their word. 

Edited by csx
  • Beer 1