• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral deserves a fair shot

Jmac

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Why didn't Will Grier attract this many fanboys?

Because everyone other than Hurney knew he wasn't going to ever be a legit NFL QB before the pick was even made. This message board was laughing about how terrible a pick it was going to be at 100, because it was already known he was going to be the pick there.

13 hours ago, Jmac said:

Rhule and his clown show put the kid behind the eight ball from the get go. Yes he is a third round pick and in the few snaps he did get looked lost.

The staff needs to see what he can do and actually give him a fair shot. If he shats the bed, so be it. 

Give him reps and a full camp and see what happens. Dalton doesn't need much to hit the ground running. Need to do the right thing and see what they can do with the kid.

You're suggesting that the Number one pick in the draft, the player currently by a wide margin most likely to be the face of the franchise for the next decade if all goes well, should get fewer reps so that a former third round pick who has endured less than optimal conditions be given " a fair chance"?

I am fine with him getting any meaningless exhibition game snaps that Young and Dalton don't need to get ready for the season, which should be zero, otherwise no. Making sure Corral gets a fair shake is not my priority as a fan, winning is, and the odds of this improving the teams wins are long indeed.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

7 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Such a ridiculous and childish response with absolutely zero basis other than "He said something and it hurt me wittle feelings so I go poo poo in my diaper!"

It hurts absolutely nothing to keep him around in order to see what he has and if he develops into something backup material or if he develops into starter material and potential trade bait. It is so telling and pathetic that you would call him a "groupie", let alone flip him off for having an opinion that is both rational and makes sense for the betterment of the team. You are a shining example of why a tubby basement dwelling buffoon with chubby greasy troll fingers should not be allowed to peck away at his mommy's computer while she is upstairs fixing his Kid Cuisine microwave dinner.

Grow Up Ew GIF by Film Riot

Real mature. Tell the guy he is immature for insulting and you do it right back. 
You are pointing your finger with you thumb pointing right back at you. 

9 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

That was a proposed rule change that didn't pass the owner vote this offseason.

Maybe they'll try it again next year or in the future, but there isn't going to be a bonus game day spot for a 3rd QB this year.

Looks like that has not yet been voted on...league meeting in a couple of days.  Here is a link to an article of the things under consideration including:

To allow a club to designate an emergency third quarterback from its inactive list or practice squad who would be eligible to enter a game in the event the first two quarterbacks on the game day active list are ruled “Out.” (Proposal by Detroit Lions; amends Article XVII, Section 17.3.)

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/proposed-nfl-rule-changes-2023/

33 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Because everyone other than Hurney knew he wasn't going to ever be a legit NFL QB before the pick was even made. This message board was laughing about how terrible a pick it was going to be at 100, because it was already known he was going to be the pick there.

There were a lot of people here (blind Charlotte homers) that thought Grier would be great because he played for a Charlotte high school.

Everybody knows that Young is gonna be the man, but there's no reason not to give Corral a little time to see how he can do. Maybe he can draw interest for a possible trade somewhere else.

I think Corral is being given a fair shot to make the team.  Letting Eason go at this point was evidence of that.  The 2 reasons for not keeping Eason around at this point for a camp arm were to 1) increase the reps for Corral early on and 2) give him [Eason] a chance to catch on somewhere else.  

I will be very surprised if the 3rd QB/emergency QB rule is not passed.  As long has he is able to take advantage of this opportunity he should stick around.  As a 3rd round pick whose 1st season was wasted due to  shitty circumstances he should get his attitude right and work hard to prove and improve himself.  If he does that, good things will come. He has a great opportunity here with this coaching staff as well as learning from Dalton.

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, Jmac said:

Rhule and his clown show put the kid behind the eight ball from the get go. Yes he is a third round pick and in the few snaps he did get looked lost.

The staff needs to see what he can do and actually give him a fair shot. If he shats the bed, so be it. 

Give him reps and a full camp and see what happens. Dalton doesn't need much to hit the ground running. Need to do the right thing and see what they can do with the kid.

You gotta love this place eh? Ppl going ape shite crazy because you dare ask for Corall to get a fair shot at making the team. 

I don't see anything in this post that suggests that Corall unseat Bryce. Just asking for the kid to get a fair shot at some actual reps. And some of these...ppl just can't handle that. 

These "Brycers" are a hoot. Defending Bryce against all enemies whether real or imagined. Man, I hope the kid can last. Cuz it's going to be entertaining as all get out watching the "Brycers" protect this kid like a momma bear.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

So please tell me, what is so funny with keeping the guy around to see if he can develop into trade bait or a decent backup? I mean, if you can post gifs constantly then post me a few reasons why trying to develop him for future assets or just as a reliable backup is so funny? You must have reasons other than Gifs since you are so passionately a "No" on this.

Such a ridiculous and childish response with absolutely zero basis other than "He said something and it hurt me wittle feelings so I go poo poo in my diaper!"

It hurts absolutely nothing to keep him around in order to see what he has and if he develops into something backup material or if he develops into starter material and potential trade bait. It is so telling and pathetic that you would call him a "groupie", let alone flip him off for having an opinion that is both rational and makes sense for the betterment of the team. You are a shining example of why a tubby basement dwelling buffoon with chubby greasy troll fingers should not be allowed to peck away at his mommy's computer while she is upstairs fixing his Kid Cuisine microwave dinner.

Grow Up Ew GIF by Film Riot

God you are such a simpleton bratty little childish whiney baby aren't you. How old are you? Are you 16 or 17 ?

Excuse Me GIFs | GIFDB.com

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We just traded a bunch of picks to get the #1 pick and take Bryce Young, and you got people asking questions about Matt Corral taking some snaps.lol

Only on the huddle...

The Huddle doesn't hold the patent on silly. But we lead the league in lacking common sense. Nobody in their right mind thinks this is a Corall over Bryce thread. 

The "Brycers" are so protective of the kid they see everything as a slight against him. And yeah, that was an intentional pun.

3 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

No rational or sane person thinks Corall is in the running for the starters gig. lol

Then why even post it?

I get it you are a huge Corall fan, but he just doesn't have a future here. Hopefully you can root for him on another team in the near future.

Until then...

ykrpjr39jrua1.jpg?width=720&auto=webp&v=