• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Panthers tight end Tommy Tremble is enjoying clean slate with new coaching staff

vorbis

31 minutes ago, DennisM1 said:

Tremble was never a good route runner or catcher he was supposed to develop that.. got with the worst staff to do so and now he's at a crossroads I don't buy into too much of what these guys say about the previous coaching staff because when they were  here it was all love lol 

There’s no way you as an employee of a team would ever speak nothin but glowingly about your boss in public while he’s in charge. I’m confused as what you think are his options about speaking on the coaching staff. They were all on board until he got canned same as Wilks who needs a little more experience to become a good head coach. My only question is name a player who developed under Rhule? Who did we see growth and development from that we can say man he truly was coached up and over preformed from our expectations?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Rhule was so awful. Honestly, we probably should've taken Teddy's criticism of Rhule's lack of coaching without the grain of salt. There was another player that publicly gave us an idea that they weren't being properly coached? I just can't remember who it was. Now Tremble. In some respects, we probably need to legitimately give these younger guys a mulligan. We're just thinking that they're no good, but how can we genuinely draw such conclusions in light of Rhule's profound incompetence? We must take our own feelings about them with a grain of salt; Such is the ineptitude of Rhule's coaching at the professional level. It is not so far out to think that we must give everyone a clean slate. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3

Agree @top dawg.  Tremble could have complimented the new staff without taking a deep dive into criticizing the previous horror show.  Tells me it must have been bad.   Reich and company must have seen something in a couple of the guys since the Panthers did not seem interested in drafting a TE.

This is why I am hopeful that the Panthers will make some good improvement this year. As we have all heard many times....coaching matters.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Agree @top dawg.  Tremble could have complimented the new staff without taking a deep dive into criticizing the previous horror show.  Tells me it must have been bad.   Reich and company must have seen something in a couple of the guys since the Panthers did not seem interested in drafting a TE.

This is why I am hopeful that the Panthers will make some good improvement this year. As we have all heard many times....coaching matters.

Fingers crossed!!!

Good lord. You have friends? 
I guess I must not be one.

edit: they are talking like winners. Like it is a done deal now that they have Reich and the gang, and a new quarterback who is highly rated.

It will be interesting t see what happens when they get their asses kicked one time. Simple. Not a word trick or trap. 

How they respond. 
You don’t think it would be interesting? Or is it you don’t think they are gonna get their asses kicked? 

To me it is one of the most interesting things in this whole scenario. 

Edited by stratocatter

5 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

Good lord. You have friends? 
I guess I must not be one.

edit: they are talking like winners. Like it is a done deal now that they have Reich and the gang, and a new quarterback who is highly rated.

It will be interesting t see what happens when they get their asses kicked one time. Simple. Not a word trick or trap. 

How they respond. 
You don’t think it would be interesting? Or is it you don’t think they are gonna get their asses kicked? 

To me it is one of the most interesting things in this whole scenario. 

I know some of you seem to be having a bit of a difficult time dealing with the optimism going around. But man, can we at least wait until the actual games before we get to the negative stuff?

I mean, right here, right now. There may be a handful of ppl that can't wait to see how they respond to adversity. The rest of us are just enjoying a process that appears to be working.

To me, there are a lot more interesting things to look at. Position battles, who is showing out, who has grown from last year, what does the Offense and Defense look like, and so much more?

Wanting to see how they react to get hit the first time? Not high on my list. But hey, everyone's different.

5 hours ago, KSpan said:

There's the player's side and the coach's side, woth the reality typically somewhere in the middle, but I can definitely believe that Rhule and many of his staff were poor teachers of what they did teach. Those guys were outclassed weekly by real NFL minds and even just moving to Wilks brought immediate and noticeable improvements.

Yep. We know Rhule sucked but what player trying to earn time isn’t going to throw the old regime under the bus and say good things about the new one?

You can tell it’s all puff when Tremble said that the team trusts him, which is why they didn’t draft a TE. No, we had holes at WR and Edge as well (bigger needs than TE with Hurst) and after the Young trade we didn’t really have a chance to pick a TE. If Kincaid was there when Mingo was picked, I don’t doubt we would have taken a TE.

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

And to follow up with that I believe it was bad as we all do but why are his statements seen as to throwing the previous regime under the bus he said we didn’t work on leverage with our passing routes. Seems like a true and honest statement it seems bad or disrespectful because it seems like something all teams would teach to young upcoming WR and TE group.But  we didn’t. It to me just states the obvious they were under prepared for the big league. But throwing him under the bus would have been a little more disrespectful it seems he can’t help it the staff was clueless to the importance of certain nuances. The more we hear we seem to always think dam they just dissed him again but really they’re just speaking their truths through how they experienced it. Sometimes the truth just hurts, seems that way to me reasons why Luke didn’t even wanna come around until he was fired he didn’t have enough football knowledge to lead a nfl team and the evidence is slowly coming out naturally imo.