• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young is officially the starting QB.

pantherclaw

19 hours ago, Castavar said:

God, isn't it a breath of fresh air to not dilly dally around with 1st team reps like a certain previous coach?

I still don’t get this. Again, I always feel like I have to caveat this with a yes, Rhule sucked and I don’t ever want him back, but it’s not true. All the complaints about Rhule and rookies are really unfounded. There were tons of people in here that thought Iky should be eased in as a G first. He was named starter at the start of training camp and never once got a snap at G. Brown, Chinn and Horn all started day 1 as well. Any rookie that played well started day 1. Even TMJ, who wasn’t good as a rookie played half the snaps as our WR3. Tremble started 11 games as a rookie. Pride started 8 games as a rookie. YGM hasn’t done much but he also started 7 games as a rookie and Roy started 9 games as a rookie. We complained about BC not playing T for Rhule and yet here we are and no one’s complaining that he’s the starting LG. He also started 6 games as a rookie and all 17 in his second year.

We haven’t exactly hit the jackpot in the draft from 2020 to 2022, but we’ve used and started a lot of rookies. Rhule didn’t dilly dally on a single 1st rounder. Horn, Brown and Iky were all starters in training camp and all started day 1.

God, I really hate defending Rhule but I will and hopefully it contributes to one day not hearing him come up in every thread.

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Corral is a backup. It is the most he can ever hope to be. 

If Corral gets any reps at all it will be interesting. I know every quarterback should like the chance to start somewhere at one point in their career. Dalton will not be in Carolina long term. If Corral proves he could be a reliable back up there are a lot worse things than being a back up in the NFL. Even at minimum pay that beats anything he could hope to do in the corporate world. 

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

If Corral gets any reps at all it will be interesting. I know every quarterback should like the chance to start somewhere at one point in their career. Dalton will not be in Carolina long term. If Corral proves he could be a reliable back up there are a lot worse things than being a back up in the NFL. Even at minimum pay that beats anything he could hope to do in the corporate world. 

I still think the long term plan is to have Corral as the #2 at some point in the future. Dalton's time in the NFL is coming to a end soon so makes since to prep both guys. I still don't get the hate for Corral on this forum, I mean, even Fitterer warned us he would be a project QB... Give him time to develop!

• Pie 5

11 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I still think the long term plan is to have Corral as the #2 at some point in the future. Dalton's time in the NFL is coming to a end soon so makes since to prep both guys. I still don't get the hate for Corral on this forum, I mean, even Fitterer warned us he would be a project QB... Give him time to develop!

And I just realized I spelled sense wrong 😂😂😂.... Please don't hurt me too hard, Grammer police!

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

I still don’t get this. Again, I always feel like I have to caveat this with a yes, Rhule sucked and I don’t ever want him back, but it’s not true. All the complaints about Rhule and rookies are really unfounded. There were tons of people in here that thought Iky should be eased in as a G first. He was named starter at the start of training camp and never once got a snap at G. Brown, Chinn and Horn all started day 1 as well. Any rookie that played well started day 1. Even TMJ, who wasn’t good as a rookie played half the snaps as our WR3. Tremble started 11 games as a rookie. Pride started 8 games as a rookie. YGM hasn’t done much but he also started 7 games as a rookie and Roy started 9 games as a rookie. We complained about BC not playing T for Rhule and yet here we are and no one’s complaining that he’s the starting LG. He also started 6 games as a rookie and all 17 in his second year.

We haven’t exactly hit the jackpot in the draft from 2020 to 2022, but we’ve used and started a lot of rookies. Rhule didn’t dilly dally on a single 1st rounder. Horn, Brown and Iky were all starters in training camp and all started day 1.

God, I really hate defending Rhule but I will and hopefully it contributes to one day not hearing him come up in every thread.

Dude, with all due respect. Nobody cares. You are preaching to an empty choir. 

3 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

2 hours ago, methodtoll said:

Keep all 3 (Young, Dalton, Corral) for at least this year and maybe next year.  If we've seen anything, it's the value of a good back up and even down to the third guy.  To me that's a more desirable option than having to bring someone in during the season or the guy on your practice squad (who in a scenario might not be Corral).   I know they are allowing 3 QB's on the roster game days for an emergency QB. Not sure if this is part of the new rule, dont think so, but I also think teams should be able to keep a third Qb on the roster without losing a roster space.