• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hekker gives props to new staff

ladypanther

43 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Plus...a link to Smitty's comments on Rhule:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/03/panthers-steve-smith-sr-matt-rhule-thought-he-was-in-college/

“Now, I’m listening to him make this whole media tour,” Smith Sr. said of Rhule. “He’s talking about what kind of coach he’s gon’ be, what kind of players he want. I find it very interesting . . . Mr. Bojangles over there changing his tune now in Nebraska when I saw him up close here in Carolina and I’m going, ‘Wow, this dude is a college coach trying to run an NFL team like these his boys.’ He thought he was in college. He thought he could control everything.

“Man, I heard so many stories about Matt Rhule and what he was trying to do and orchestrate. He thought he was at college where he could tell the ticket office what to do, he could tell these guys what to do, ‘Hey, I need these guys to be on advertisements, I don’t want these guys. These guys are okay to interview, these guys are not.’

“And people are starting to write reports and articles about what we’re saying on our podcast, so ‘preciate it. I thank you. But I’m telling you, Matt Rhule did some things in the pros that he thought he was in college and it didn’t fly well.”

Lord have mercy 😖

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Good. I hope more and more of this crap becomes public so that people who still think he wasn't the absolutely worst coaching hire in franchise history can see.

Also so that they can see how he was one of the worst in NFL history.

Are there really any of those people left?

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Good. I hope more and more of this crap becomes public so that people who still think he wasn't the absolutely worst coaching hire in franchise history can see.

The only thing that saved him from being thought of among the very worst was the fact his reign of terror (or incompetence) overlapped with one Urban Meyer.  His competition is Meyer, Schiano, Petrino, Kiffin, Hue Jackson, Nathaniel Hackett, Cam Cameron, Jim Tomsula, Mornhinweg, David Shula, Spurrier, Marinelli, and Richie Kotite.  I would personally add McDaniels to that list.

Some, like Tomsula, were just incompetent.  What sets some of these guys apart was that they were not only incompetent, they believed it was the NFL's fault that they looked like 6 feet of man in 13 feet of water.

The NFL is guilty of a lot of things that damage the game, but making The Process, Schiano, and Meyer look clueless is not one of them.

I don't know what McDaniels' excuse will be.  He'll want another NFL coaching job somewhere, so he will probably slink quietly away.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

With a full two seasons and offseasons of work theough five games this past season, I'd be willing to bet there's a sh-tload of stories yet to be told.

Most of them probably never will be, but as a Panthers history buff I'm up for as many as we can get.

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

The only thing that saved him from being thought of among the very worst was the fact his reign of terror (or incompetence) overlapped with one Urban Meyer.  His competition is Meyer, Schiano, Petrino, Kiffin, Hue Jackson, Nathaniel Hackett, Cam Cameron, Jim Tomsula, Mornhinweg, David Shula, Spurrier, Marinelli, and Richie Kotite.  I would personally add McDaniels to that list.

Some, like Tomsula, were just incompetent.  What sets some of these guys apart was that they were not only incompetent, they believed it was the NFL's fault that they looked like 6 feet of man in 13 feet of water.

The NFL is guilty of a lot of things that damage the game, but making The Process, Schiano, and Meyer look clueless is not one of them.

I don't know what McDaniels' excuse will be.  He'll want another NFL coaching job somewhere, so he will probably slink quietly away.

I genuinely think only one of those guys on that list is worse and that is Urban Meyer.

• Pie 3

I got absolutely thrashed on this forum for saying Rhule was trash and should’ve  been fired year before last.

There are absolutely idiots left here. You know who you are. Actually, you probably don’t.

There are some posters here who think literally everything and anything this franchise does is the right move (despite being one of the worst record wise) and anyone who says otherwise they just give poo to.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Rhule hire (with the 7 year contract) and the Rock Hill disaster have made Tepper a laughing stock of the NFL.  

Hiring this coaching staff and letting them do their thing will either make or break him.  This may be his last chance to repair his reputation among the rest of the league.  

The other thing, if he was smart, would be to put the grass field back at BoA and show that he cares about his players and not just the bottom line.

• Poo 1