• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verizon is offering NFL Sunday Ticket for free

PanthersATL

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pretty much same for me. 

Although I was with dtv for almost 20 years so I think there was some loyalty pricing fixed in.  I guess I will just bite the bullet and get it through youtube but the no dvr is fuging weird

Yeah, I switched to YouTube TV earlier this year. I went ahead and signed up for Sunday Ticket when they were running the $250 special. 

I’m still curios how different it will be on YouTube TV. Will they still have the game mix channels? How many games can you stream at once?

Nope. Fug YouTube Sunday Ticket. With YouTube TV and the promotional price, the cost for the season is almost $700.

Considering we have 2 prime-time games, and for various life circumstances, I end up missing 1-2 games per year, that's roughly $50 per game I watch on Sunday Ticket.

I literally could go watch at my neighborhood bar for less money. I can bust out my jerseys. I can be surrounded by people and have a communal experience. And I can support a local business rather than Google.

So that's exactly what I'm gonna do. And I want to make it known that's what I'm doing. You want to make your money back on your multi-billion dollar investment back, Google? Then as an 8 years loyal DirecTV Sunday Ticket subscriber, I'm exactly the customer you were counting on when you were crunching the numbers. And you lost me. And will continue to do so until you lower that ridiculous price.

9 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Nope. Fug YouTube Sunday Ticket. With YouTube TV and the promotional price, the cost for the season is almost $700.

Considering we have 2 prime-time games, and for various life circumstances, I end up missing 1-2 games per year, that's roughly $50 per game I watch on Sunday Ticket.

I literally could go watch at my neighborhood bar for less money. I can bust out my jerseys. I can be surrounded by people and have a communal experience. And I can support a local business rather than Google.

So that's exactly what I'm gonna do. And I want to make it known that's what I'm doing. You want to make your money back on your multi-billion dollar investment back, Google? Then as an 8 years loyal DirecTV Sunday Ticket subscriber, I'm exactly the customer you were counting on when you were crunching the numbers. And you lost me. And will continue to do so until you lower that ridiculous price.

I get all that but damn I have a sick set up with numerous tvs in my house, and I can control whatever something I cannot do at a bar so I am going to have to figure something out

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

ATT better

It is better, but it's not going to directly help you see Sunday Ticket. I have Cricket (AT&T), and I doubt I'll use Verizon (or any of its MVNOs) ever again. Their network is simply just too congested in my experience. This may make it worse.

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pretty much same for me. 

Although I was with dtv for almost 20 years so I think there was some loyalty pricing fixed in.  I guess I will just bite the bullet and get it through youtube but the no dvr is fuging weird

There is a DVR function.

5 hours ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

Yeah, I switched to YouTube TV earlier this year. I went ahead and signed up for Sunday Ticket when they were running the $250 special. 

I’m still curios how different it will be on YouTube TV. Will they still have the game mix channels? How many games can you stream at once?

You should be able to stream "an unlimited number of streams at home, and up to two streams when watching away from home"

Originally, the plan was a max of two streams, but that got nixed.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, GOAT said:

what about at my house? can I still watch on direct tv or do I need youtube?

You need an internet connection.  You do not need to sign up for YouTube TV, you can get the package as a standalone package.

It's cheaper if you have YouTube TV, though.