• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Danielle Hunter available for trade?

Smithers

he's probably gonna be a 20 mill per year or more guy...don't think we can afford him and Burns....but if we do, the timing is right....if Bryce is the guy we think he is, 5 years from now he'll be getting a huge chunk of our salary cap.  

While we've got Bryce cheap, our salary cap situation 3 and 4 years from now is good....it could be done if we think we'll have a chance to win the conference during that time period.  The timing for that decison would be better next year after we've seen a season of Bryce. 

And next year, we might not have an edge like Hunter available.  I think we'll look at it, but won't pull the trigger.  

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, jb2288 said:

If he’s released I’d do it for $20M. Not worth having to pay + give up picks tho

Yea us being light on picks because of this year's trade is the only reason I'd say no we can't turn into the Rams and not build actively through the draft those top picks become foundational pieces if you draft right.

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

This. I would take him if released on a nice one year deal for him since we have cap space just to see with another good guy opposite of Burns if Burns could absolutely feast. 

All I can see is the havoc those two could wreck on the NFC he's the type of piece we need to compete with the stronger NFC teams. But yea next year we don't have a first so we can't give up our second.  

Edited by trucpfan
  • Pie 1

Like the player, not for a trade right now though given limited assets and the fact that this is a contract year for him. I think 2024 will be a big FA spending year for us though with so much dead money coming off the books so maybe we can revisit it then, if he doesn’t get extended by whoever trades for him. 

1 hour ago, Pup McBarky said:

We still have our first rounder in 2025. We traded Moore and our 2nd in 25 so we could keep the first.

If we an edge rusher away from realistically contending for a SB then it would make sense. We're not and giving up assets that we may need to build around our rookie QB isn't going to make getting there any easier. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If we an edge rusher away from realistically contending for a SB then it would make sense. We're not and giving up assets that we may need to build around our rookie QB isn't going to make getting there any easier. 

Not to mention question marks about the weapons we've put around our young QB. I like the talent, but the group doesn't have a lot of proven production outside of the top two and one of those guys has stayed hurt and the other is on the downside of his career. I just don't think we're on the position to do it. It's really hard to pull off two huge splash trades in back to back years much less two in one off-season.

Seems everyone is on the same page. Been thinking for years that Hunter fits but a trade is not likely and the money might not be right.  We need to get Brown and Burns locked down and look to draft that guy on the opposite side. A combination of Haynes, YTG and the young guys should work till we have a lottery pick of a difference maker.   Can't give up picks or tie up salary till we have established our identity.  Hopefully we have found the answers at WR,RB and QB and can focus on defense in upcoming drafts. Along with Brown, Burns and Horn as the cornerstones on defense that would give us the foundation.  

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not to mention question marks about the weapons we've put around our young QB. I like the talent, but the group doesn't have a lot of proven production outside of the top two and one of those guys has stayed hurt and the other is on the downside of his career. I just don't think we're on the position to do it. It's really hard to pull off two huge splash trades in back to back years much less two in one off-season.

Kind of my thought too. In 25' we may be looking for a new WR or TE, possibly even C or T depending on what happens. Defense is great, but the NFL is highly focused on bigger and better offense, so having the ability to build around our shiny new QB seems like the prudent avenue, for the moment. 

• Pie 1