• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday Practice Thread 8/1/23

Ricky Spanish

44 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we know what dalton is.  If for some reason BY goes down we aint winning poo with dalton so why not try and develop mc as well.  Just feels off and a bit like last year.  But this staff seemingly knows what they are doing which leads me to the conclusion maybe Corral just isnt any good.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You want to crown him before he plays a game. Why can't I show concern before he plays a game? All I said was that he hasn't done much when the full 11 v 11 period begins yet everyone here is comparing him to All-Time Greats and talking Super Bowls based on 7 v 7 numbers. 

People saying that because they want him to succeed. I rather be positive than negative. If he's doing this in the game then you have a point.

Hopefully he cleans those mistakes before the season starts.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

To me its nuts that Dalton is getting reps over MC.

New QB, new system, new line for Dalton. He should get more reps this week and next to get a feel of the players, the timing, the line calls, then transition to MC.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, philit99 said:

New QB, new system, new line for Dalton. He should get more reps this week and next to get a feel of the players, the timing, the line calls, then transition to MC.

He has an insanely low ceiling and we know what he is.  We arent winning with him.  Why not try and develop a qb we spent draft capital on that might be able to trade down the road?

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He has an insanely low ceiling and we know what he is.  We arent winning with him.  Why not try and develop a qb we spent draft capital on that might be able to trade down the road?

Oh you will see plenty of MC, and I believe it will be with the 2s before preseason week 1.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Because if we need a QB to step in and play game manager for a game or two, Dalton is the guy. He also will be helping with Young’s development as the veteran QB. It makes sense for him to be the backup and get the backup reps.

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, CAPantherFan said:

Hey look, another rookie QB struggling!

tfOVEK0T_bigger.png

#Texans rookie QB C.J. Stroud has had good practices and is coming along but is also going through some growing pains. He threw 3 INTs the past two practices including a pick-6 to veteran CB Steven Nelson via

This relatively new idea of keeping stats in practice is lame as fug