• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fowler on Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

The person who started the trend of keeping statistics for training camp should be publicly shamed. Not violently or anything, just people boo him whenever he makes a public appearance.

Wasn’t it Aaron Rodgers who said INTs in camp were stupid to make a big deal out of, because the qbs are just trying to test the waters? 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

The person who started the trend of keeping statistics for training camp should be publicly shamed. Not violently or anything, just people boo him whenever he makes a public appearance.

Wasn’t it Aaron Rodgers who said INTs in camp were stupid to make a big deal out of, because the qbs are just trying to test the waters? 

It's not something I remember anyone focusing on before maybe last year or two.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Is he wrong? We see the good QB's make throws in practice they won't make in games to see what they can get away with. However, there has been a significant drop off in performance between 7 v 7 and 11 v 11. 

People are so afraid to ever admit there could be an issue. There were plenty of concerns over his height dating back to forever. I’m cautiously optimistic but I also won’t be surprised if it does rear it’s ugly head as a huge problem.  The NFL is so much faster than college, no one has a clue how this will play out.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

21 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Is he wrong? We see the good QB's make throws in practice they won't make in games to see what they can get away with. However, there has been a significant drop off in performance between 7 v 7 and 11 v 11. 

"Significant" is a reach imo. There's been plenty of reports of him having positive 11 v 11 sessions in camp, and yeah those are the sessions where the picks have come from but by all accounts in practice, he follows an interception with good follow up reps. That's a trend I've seen consistently reported. 

Any pro QB should do well in 7 v 7 reps. The 11 v 11 reps are the true test because of the pressure for sure but I think you saying there's been "significant" drop off is dramatic. We don't have to crown Bryce now but we also don't have to be overdramatic about stuff either. 

17 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Yes, he’s wrong. He knows that throwing a few interceptions in training camp is little cause for concern, especially given Reich’s comments today when he confirmed that they are encouraging Bryce to take risks in practice to find out what works. He chose to sensationalize Bryce’s interceptions in camp to make people think they are excessive and are a cause for concern, neither of which are the case. Yellow journalism is alive and well.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

he's cute 

I think its his Chris Hansen "what were you planning to do when you showed up?" hair-do and his serious yet mischievous stare with those rugged yet gentle eyes that say "I am a wild steed that must be broken in slowly". 

John Travolta Hump Day GIF

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

It’s reasonable considering it was his 4th NFL training camp. He is attempting harder throws at NFL speed with NFL talent to test his limits and likely the limits of his receivers which will develop chemistry over time. 

No cause for alarm right now. However, come week 8 and he’s thrown interceptions in 8 straight games, that may be some cause for concern.

Edited by Cdparr7