• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Friday 08.04 Practice Thread

therealmjl

3 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Are you saying that, that move didn't show very good pocket presence? Just trying to understand what you're saying.

I'm not saying that at all. Young has great presence and it will absolutely help him avoid hits. No point ignoring the fact he's small. It's reality. We bragged about Cam being bigger than the linebackers tackling him. Can't change the laws of physics 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I missed today so about to check this out, he usually sneaks some vids and has the most detailed notes on actual plays

Interesting he's saying Eku Leota is literally 2 steps ahead of DJ Johnson on his snap reaction. I personally don't care that much if Johnson was a reach as long as Leota and Kobe Jones keep looking legit. 

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Interesting he's saying Eku Leota is literally 2 steps ahead of DJ Johnson on his snap reaction. I personally don't care that much if Johnson was a reach as long as Leota and Kobe Jones keep looking legit. 

I'd be disappointed though, bc Johnson's potential is super exciting and I really liked the pick because of the size, the RAS and said potential...  but I agree, if Jones and Leota turn into gems it won't really matter how Johnson pans out - and it sounds like both Jones and Leota are making a lot of noise that they weren't expected to.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'd be disappointed though, bc Johnson's potential is super exciting and I really liked the pick because of the size, the RAS and said potential...  but I agree, if Jones and Leota turn into gems it won't really matter how Johnson pans out - and it sounds like both Jones and Leota are making a lot of noise that they weren't expected to.

Yeah I'm not worried about Johnsons physical talent, he can be solid. More worried about the CB's than anything else on D at this point, Chark is cooking all the backups it seems like

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I'm not worried about Johnsons physical talent, he can be solid. More worried about the CB's than anything else on D at this point, Chark is cooking all the backups it seems like

Yeah, I haven't been able to follow as intently with news from TC day to day this year as I have been able to in years' past, but I agree from what I've been seeing.  I know they said Henderson is showing better for himself this TC, and from what I've read, it seems like Taylor is getting a lot of reps compared to previous years, so I'm interested to see how the CB depth chart is looking like right now, and I wonder if it's just that the offense is that good because Bryce has been so accurate and got up to speed so fast, or if the CBs are just that underwhelming?

• Beer 1