• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Laviska Shenault

NAS

I would like to see him get more touches this year.    I have watched Deebo a lot being a USC fan and what makes him a weapon is his ability to stop and get back to full speed very quickly and his strength being able to run through people when he needs to and get tough yards.  I have not seen enough of of Shenault to know just how good he can be in this type of roll.  

• Beer 1

it definitely seems like they are not just intent and thinking about a variety of ways to use him, but actually are using him and scheming around him. can't wait to see that in action, which i'm certain we'll see unlike previous staffs that were too afraid (rivera) or just didn't know enough (rhule) to move outside the box.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

He honestly may end up being the offensive MVP when all is said and done.  Yes, Bryce would likely be viewed as such as a rookie QB, but I said Laviska should be used like Deebo last season...  he is pure magic with the ball in his hands.  He made YAC plays the likes of which I hadn't seen from a receiver since Steve Smith, and dare I say, he made even more of them in one season than even him based off the number of times he did them with such limited touches.  I also said towards the end of last season that he was my favorite offensive player, and tbh, with all the upgrades we've made, we have plenty of candidates to take that mantle from Viska, but it ain't happening.  He is going to be bananas this year, and if the league didn't know much about him before, they will this season.  Just look at that avg from last season, again with a limited role and an incompetent staff he still had a 4 yard higher avg YAC than the guy best known for it in Deebo - that is RIDICULOUS.

• Pie 5

40 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

For years it has been strange to me how often coaches say they are going to play to the strengths of their players, but in reality they just do what they do and blame the player for not executing within the scheme.  These guys are PROFESSIONAL coaches and make so much more money than dumb ol' fans.  Recently I came across a term that was new to me that helps explain some of it...Chauffeur Knowledge.  Alot of the people rising up to the top of the ranks do not have a deep understanding of the schemes they are teaching and WHY they work or don't work.  They just know what they've been taught.  And without that deep understanding, they are unable to make adjustments.  The players eat steak and eggs on Thursday morning at 10am because that's how Bill Walsh did it.  But they have no idea WHY Bill Walsh did that or what made it work (and I made that up, by the way).  Here is the story of Chauffeur Knowledge:

Billionaire magazine tycoon Charlie Munger told a fascinating story about Max Planck, a scientist awarded with a Nobel Prize in physics for his work in the field of quantum mechanics.  In 1918, as part of Max’s tour in Germany, he would go to wherever he was invited to and we would give the same lecture over and over again. It came to a point where Max’s chauffeur told him that it must be boring giving the same lecture over and over again.  Instead, the chauffeur volunteered himself to give the lecture on Max’s behalf, since the chauffeur had already memorized the lecture by heart.  Max enjoyed the idea and actually agreed to it!  That night in Munich, the chauffeur got up and gave a long lecture about quantum mechanics with Max sitting down in the front row donning a chauffeur cap alongside a room full of distinguished academics.

After that, a physics professor got up and asked a question.  The chauffeur then replied saying: “Never would I have thought that someone from such an advanced city as Munich would ask such a simple question! My chauffeur will answer it.”

https://adrielfong.medium.com/the-true-story-of-chauffeur-knowledge-bcf081423756

Edwards Deming, the inventor of the Toyota quality management system, referred to this as ‘profound knowledge’; the difference between taking a cab to the airport and actually driving to the airport.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

He honestly may end up being the offensive MVP when all is said and done.  Yes, Bryce would likely be viewed as such as a rookie QB, but I said Laviska should be used like Deebo last season...  he is pure magic with the ball in his hands.  He made YAC plays the likes of which I hadn't seen from a receiver since Steve Smith, and dare I say, he made even more of them in one season than even him based off the number of times he did them with such limited touches.  I also said towards the end of last season that he was my favorite offensive player, and tbh, with all the upgrades we've made, we have plenty of candidates to take that mantle from Viska, but it ain't happening.  He is going to be bananas this year, and if the league didn't know much about him before, they will this season.  Just look at that avg from last season, again with a limited role and an incompetent staff he still had a 4 yard higher avg YAC than the guy best known for it in Deebo - that is RIDICULOUS.

I like him and all, but team MVP would be a shock. Have to see how many snaps he gets, but his skill set is very unique. Honestly I love those type of old school earl champell runs( hes soooo good at ), hes the hammer D is getting pounded on..... Those CBs do not want to test him if hes gotten a start.

14 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Edwards Deming, the inventor of the Toyota quality management system, referred to this as ‘profound knowledge’; the difference between taking a cab to the airport and actually driving to the airport.

I am a Project Manager.  I can definitely tell when a fellow Project Manager actually knows what he is talking about, or if he's just really good at pushing paperwork and telling people he is in charge.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, bythenbrs said:

Not Toyota, but you are thinking of TQM, Total Quality Management that was inspired by Demings 14 key principles and also influnced by what you refer to here, "profound knowledge". I think. I learned it in another language, so not sure about the last bit. Also known for the Demings cycle, PDSA/PDCA. 

• Pie 2