• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King: Carolina’s New Brain

PantherMan89

20 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I’d argue he is in the best situation out of all of the rookies.

He is in the NFC where there aren’t many great QBs. Plus the South is wide open.

He has a former QB HC with Caldwell, Brown, McCown, and a vet like Dalton to help him develop.

He has a talented OL featuring a potential franchise LT in Icky plus Campen developing them. 

He has a talented defense with Evero developing them to keep him in games.

💯

Been saying this since we traded up. Best situation for any of the QBs this draft. Whoever landed here was going to do better than the rest of them.

And Young was the one who was most prepared to hit the ground running of any of them.

We got the best QB this draft in the best situation this draft. Expectations are higher than most QBs drafted #1 for lots of good reasons.

Best QB

Best coaching staff for a rookie QB

Paid for the #1 pick instead of earning it, so automatically a better team than any other picking that early.

And while I'm sure the other QBs are fairly well adjusted except for that guy that puts mayo in his coffee because he's scared of dairy, Bryce is much better suited for any stress that comes with the position/situation just because of his upbringing. He has literally been prepared and groomed psychologically his whole life for a moment like this.

Seriously, I'm not worried about any of this being too much for him to handle.

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

It's not inconceivable that Bryce's contract could be in the 300mil range. That will take a chunk out of the ol salary cap.

Yall need to wake up to the fact that the dude hasnt even played one snap in the NFL yet.  Stop this Jesushascometoearthasbryce bs.  Just stop.  Least wait till after the first superbowl title if it ever comes. JC

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

1 hour ago, Paa Langfart said:

Yall need to wake up to the fact that the dude hasnt even played one snap in the NFL yet.  Stop this Jesushascometoearthasbryce bs.  Just stop.  Least wait till after the first superbowl title if it ever comes. JC

1 hour ago, Paa Langfart said:

Cams big ass tough ass body .  One good hit ended it for him.  Keep it real.

Lol someone stayed up too late drinking again

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

I agree... people need to take a deep breath. If we finish 7-10 this year but Bryce starts showing us that something we've been looking for during the season, particularly later in the season. If he gels with receivers, checks out of plays correctly, reads zones correctly, shifts protection... etc. 

The Panthers could shock the world and Bryce Young could turn out to be the first first round draft pick in his rookie year to take his team to the Superbowl. I mean, we can dream, but why don't we be a little more realistic and pragmatic?

What I want to see is a QB that improves as the season progresses. At the end of the the year you just know... YES, this is our QB!!

What was Cams record his rookie year? And he and Young are two totally different types of QB's.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

Cams big ass tough ass body .  One good hit ended it for him.  Keep it real.

Wasn’t one hit. It was hit after hit after hit. It’s always one that finally ends it, but without everything that came before the spear by Watt wouldn’t have finished off his shoulder.