• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Von Miller: The Panthers were the better team

Mr. Scot

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

yep.  Refs made the ultimate difference.  Those big Bronco plays were all aided by overlooking penalties.   Almost every game changing play the Broncos had included a hit to the head or illegal bat of the ball.   And they won the game off those select plays. 

100% It was Manning's retirement game. It was the most disgusting display of officiating I've ever seen. Which is sad because you would think on the biggest stage, on the biggest game of the year, for the  50th anniversary of the NFL they would get the calls right. The fact that they didn't tells me it was deliberate. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

100% It was Manning's retirement game. It was the most disgusting display of officiating I've ever seen. Which is sad because you would think on the biggest stage, on the biggest game of the year, for the  50th anniversary of the NFL they would get the calls right. The fact that they didn't tells me it was deliberate. 

well, technically, the next game was the most disgusting display of officiating I have ever seen.  Think the NFL was out to attempt to clean up the look of the Super Bowl by giving Denver another W to followup that ring.  If I was a millionaire dollar QB I would have retired after that opening game vs Denver.   Because it cements that outside factors can and do have too big of an impact on the results.  Games can definitely be influenced.  And I'd have f you money and wouldn't be risking my body like that anymore. 

• Pie 4

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, technically, the next game was the most disgusting display of officiating I have ever seen.  Think the NFL was out to attempt to clean up the look of the Super Bowl by giving Denver another W to followup that ring.  If I was a millionaire dollar QB I would have retired after that opening game vs Denver.   Because it cements that outside factors can and do have too big of an impact on the results.  Games can definitely be influenced.  And I'd have f you money and wouldn't be risking my body like that anymore. 

Yeah I can agree with that. I also feel like much of the BS calls came from the refs and the league having bias against Cam. I think the fact that Cam wasn't an awe shucks try hard traditional QB rubbed the old crusty zebras the wrong way and chose not to protect him. Which just shows the lack of integrity on the official's part. Cam should have been able to be as unabashedly himself as he damn well please and you still call the game fair and square. 

And if anyone thinks thats a tin foil hat theory, just look at what the refs did when they finally made PI challengeable. They essentially boycotted it and turned down every challenge despite the clear evidence overturning PI. These people don't like being told their wrong because they get high on power trips. 

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 1

28 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Yeah I can agree with that. I also feel like much of the BS calls came from the refs and the league having bias against Cam. I think the fact that Cam wasn't an awe shucks try hard traditional QB rubbed the old crusty zebras the wrong way and chose not to protect him. Which just shows the lack of integrity on the official's part. Cam should have been able to be as unabashedly himself as he damn well please and you still call the game fair and square. 

And if anyone thinks thats a tin foil hat theory, just look at what the refs did when they finally made PI challengeable. They essentially boycotted it and turned down every challenge despite the clear evidence overturning PI. These people don't like being told their wrong because they get high on power trips. 

think there was to a degree a Shaq factor with Cam.  Refs essentially deemed Cam's size an advantage and therefore were going to apply the rules uniquely to him.  Personality only reenforced that bias. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

think there was to a degree a Shaq factor with Cam.  Refs essentially deemed Cam's size an advantage and therefore we going to apply the rules uniquely to him.  Personality only reenforced that bias. 

This.

His size plus a personality that likely rubbed older guys the wrong way led to horribad officiating where he was concerned. There are too many plays over his career of Cam getting absolutely and clearly illegally clocked and nothing is done about it, that can be put side by side next to plays of our pass rushers looking at guys like Brady, Rogers, etc wrong and being called for absurd penalties to even dispute the bias was clear.

Anyone claiming otherwise has either never bothered to examine the evidence closely or is willfully ignoring it.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

This.

His size plus a personality that likely rubbed older guys the wrong way led to horribad officiating where he was concerned. There are too many plays over his career of Cam getting absolutely and clearly illegally clocked and nothing is done about it, that can be put side by side next to plays of our pass rushers looking at guys like Brady, Rogers, etc wrong and being called for absurd penalties to even dispute the bias was clear.

Anyone claiming otherwise has either never bothered to examine the evidence closely or is willfully ignoring it.

Hopefully they will throw a flag if anyone sneezes at Bryce then.

• Beer 4

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Don't think it matters.   They weren't stopping Carolina without a poo ton of luck.  And the one man show with the horseshoe essentially confirmed that. 

Denver O was a dumpster fire.   Carolina could of won just punting and playing field position.  Wade Phillips doesn't change that.   

Ron Rivera and Mike Shula vs Wade Phillips definitely mattered.

Atlanta had given everyone the blueprint for beating us already. Phillips followed it, and our staff did nothing to counter them.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1