• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice Canceled Today 8/10

Cdparr7

2 minutes ago, RJK said:

Then they shouldn’t invite teams to joint practice until they get an indoor facility. It’s not fair to the NYJ. 

I completely can agree with this, it’s not fair and unprofessional but it’s also safety first one practice/walk through isn’t a major disruption but yea we need to step our sht up some. It’s a billion dollar industry we should be able to practice somewhere even if it’s storming outside.

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

If Rivera was still in charge, you better believe we'd suck it up and be out there despite rain, lightning, hail, tornadoes, or anything else mother nature would throw at us. 

Just rub some dirt on it, uh, mud, and get back out there!

Tis true. Old Ron has his own mess to worry about now though.

I'm sure the Panthers didn't sneak away in the middle of the night and not tell anyone the were "bitching out" as has been implied.  I'm sure that Frank and Robert discussed it this morning, possibly last night, what contingency plans they would make if the weather went tits up. 

Folks act like the team just tucked tail and ran because they canceled a planned underwear run through in the rain. It's a nothing burger.  It's not like we don't have to move shjt back to Charlotte or film to study or anything that trivial.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Today was a no padded practice. Having a big film day is gonna do our guys good since we’re still installing and finding out what our players can do well in the new schemes. 

Yup,  exactly.  Really happy that we have managed to make it all the way thru Training Camp with hardly any big injuries.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

2 batted passes in 11 practices.  not bad.  Baker had like 6 in the first half of one game last year lmao

and think these came early before pads and contact when DL just jump up because they aren't making real contact with OL

33 minutes ago, RJK said:

Whether you think they should’ve cancelled or not it is unprofessional to invite a team to joint practice then bail. The jets seem to be handling it like pros tho 

if the past 20 years of the NFL has taught me anything, it is to do the exact opposite of the Jets. Good on our coaching staff to follow the football laws of nature

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

20 minutes ago, csx said:

So, as expected it was a joint decision.  Maybe wait for info before you jump to conclusions calling your teams decisions bitch moves for the sake of arguing. 

As I had stated earlier....would expect both teams made the decision together.  It may be difficult to get used to but this staff is a group of professionals. No longer have to assume the worst...especially from a character standpoint.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1