• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adding to the doom and gloom

TheCasillas

12 hours ago, Varking said:

Richardson did recover fairly well from an early pick and threw an absolute dime to the endzone for Pierce but he couldn't hold onto the ball. Dude looked lost on one play and threw a terrible interception and everyone wants to overreact to it. For a guy who was in theory, the least NFL ready QB of the top 5 QBs, he didn't look any more lost than any of them. Same with Stroud, he threw 4 passes and it was overreaction time. 

Even Young, theres tons of articles about his disappointing first start but its just one game. Each of these guys are going to flash and each of them are going to look list in games in year one. Its the nature of the beast. I felt Stroud and Richardson are in the worst situation out of the Young, Stroud, Richardson and Levis group. Young is in the best spot, then Levis where he has good coaches and a monster RB he can rely on, then Richardson IF JT comes back to work, and then Stroud. The Texans simple have a terrible roster. 

I had Richardson as the #2 I wanted after Stroud. I just feel like the staff we have and the entire offense around the QB where we are.... Richardson with his upside would have thrived here. 

Can you link to a few of these "tons of articles"?  I'm genuinely struggling to find even one.

2 hours ago, joemac said:

LOL I am failing to see how Bryce had a "disappointing" first start.  Dude played 3 series and threw 5 passes.  He was 3-5.  He threw 5 passes.  Yeah, he didn't go out there and march us down the field for a TD in his very first NFL series, but he also did not look lost or like it was too big/fast for him.

I mean maybe that’s where they are writing it was disappointing. No extended drives. No touchdowns. No field goals. No third down conversions. It’s not like he lit it up either. 

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Can you link to a few of these "tons of articles"?  I'm genuinely struggling to find even one.

59 minutes ago, csx said:

I haven't seen one

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

I mean maybe that’s where they are writing it was disappointing. No extended drives. No touchdowns. No field goals. No third down conversions. It’s not like he lit it up either. 

I think when @Varkingis saying "they" he is referring to Bryce Young. He is the only one that has used the words "disapointing" about the performance. Google doesnt really return any results of a media person talking bad about Bryce Young.

Varking does tend to get articles mixed up in narratives.... I assume they read a lot of stuff on the interwebz based on our previous conversations on the huddle.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I think when @Varkingis saying "they" he is referring to Bryce Young. He is the only one that has used the words "disapointing" about the performance. Google doesnt really return any results of a media person talking bad about Bryce Young.

Varking does tend to get articles mixed up in narratives.... I assume they read a lot of stuff on the interwebz based on our previous conversations on the huddle.

I just linked a few.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

The only reason anybody would be "disappointed" in Bryce's 5 freaking pass attempts are those with 1. An agenda, or 2. Wildly unrealistic expectations for an extremely scaled back, vanilla gameplan for a rookie in his first ever NFL game action. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

FoxSports guy clearly checked the statline and wrote a quick blurb

CBS Sports clearly checked the statline and wrote a quick uninformed blurb.

USAToday said this which is actually not a knock on Bryce at all:

• The Panthers' Bryce Young managed to survive a 4-of-6 passing day for 21 yards despite being under constant duress. That's a credit to the No. 1 pick out of Alabama, as he exhibited the quick processing and finely tuned internal clock not commonly seen in many of his peers. But while some bumps are to be expected from a new coaching staff and offense, every third down was essentially a death knell for this attack. Even though Young wasn't to blame, it's difficult to find any positive spin on what Carolina put out there.

ESPN article is talking about our offensive line?

---

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/bryce-young-anthony-richardson-stetson-bennett-preseason-grades/zhzncglk37ndpk3c4bfcghhv

I mean yeah everyone sucked...not sure what you are trying to get at here.

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

FoxSports guy clearly checked the statline and wrote a quick blurb

CBS Sports clearly checked the statline and wrote a quick uninformed blurb.

USAToday said this which is actually not a knock on Bryce at all:

• The Panthers' Bryce Young managed to survive a 4-of-6 passing day for 21 yards despite being under constant duress. That's a credit to the No. 1 pick out of Alabama, as he exhibited the quick processing and finely tuned internal clock not commonly seen in many of his peers. But while some bumps are to be expected from a new coaching staff and offense, every third down was essentially a death knell for this attack. Even though Young wasn't to blame, it's difficult to find any positive spin on what Carolina put out there.

ESPN article is talking about our offensive line?

---

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/bryce-young-anthony-richardson-stetson-bennett-preseason-grades/zhzncglk37ndpk3c4bfcghhv

I mean yeah everyone sucked...not sure what you are trying to get at here.

I got a lot of alerts for sites that write about football. I saw pings about Bryce having a disappointing debut on a chunk of them. I shared that here. Got told nobody could find one on Google at all so they asked for links. I’m at work so I took 10 seconds to google and copy paste some. That’s all I’m getting at. 

Yall do know that Vark is a Florida homer, right?

27 minutes ago, Varking said:

Every single one of these articles blasts the OL with the exception of lazy blurbs written from statline lurking.

Did you read them before sharing?

Edited by Icege