• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms on Bryce Young

Mr. Scot

53 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don't think he is talking about his capacity it's more visually or aesthetics.  He wants his first overall pick to be bigger and stronger and have a rocket arm.  

It was just a surprising take given most analysts ignore fans saying they don't really know football. Now suddenly Joe muscles is an expert. He would have been better off saying nothing.

27 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Corral has played the equivalent of 1 preseason at this point. Half of that with McAdoo and Rhule. 

Yeah “literally everyone on this board has seen enough.”

lol he's trash. i'm not sure why this is even a discussion point. typical one read and panic quarterback who got by on athleticism in college and sucks in the nfl.

Edited by therealmjl

3 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

And with Richardson you are HEAVILY relying on him developing into a good QB not just a good athlete.

Yeah Young/Stroud were the safer picks. With decent coaching that both have solid floors as a capable starting QB. AR was the gamble with the highest ceiling but could just as easily bust. I would have been happy with Young/Stroud and very curious with AR.

There are a lot of physical specimens QBs  taken in with the first 3 picks of the draft who are either out of the league, underachieving or backups

i don’t know how Bryce will do 

mi know he is smart enough to do his best to stay out of harms way and smart enough to know where his players are …

as for me, well, hope, for the very best  

I seemed to recall Simms thought Corral was a first rounder, truth in disclosure, of that qb draft class, I did too.

39 minutes ago, ncfan said:

That’s hilarious. I see how that could happen though especially if a QB is learning a new system. 

My son is 9 and playing QB on his rec team. He’s had a few of those moments in practices. Haha

”Flip Double Blue Right, Fake X Jet, Ruby 20 Zone” is a mouthful for a kid that age. 

Edited by ECHornet

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

we should be concerned because some drunk musclebound jocks and/or his wife has just noticed that young is smaller than the usual QB. 

Keep Up Where Were You GIF by Britannia

i.e. causal fans who don't live and breath the NFL and certainly won't have watched the Draft.

They're fair observations - if he's going to succeed he'll have to break the mould.