• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Lions at Panthers damn it's hot out GameDay thread

Zod

2 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Remember when the Lions complained it was too cold…Charlotte said well fug you 

(I know it’s a later kick off but damn heat index be hot)

IMG_7363.png

Maybe it won't be as hot as advertised. 

20230825_121107.jpg

Edited by Shufdog
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Curious to know if Lions plan to play or rest their starters tonight. Seems like the dress rehearsal is no longer a thing anymore with a mix of teams deciding to play or sit their starters for almost all of the preseason games including game #3.

Yeah moving to 3 games has ruined preseason. Someone had to say it.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Detroit Lions

After taking down the Giants 21-16 in their opener, the Lions were comprehensively outplayed by the Jaguars in their second game resulting in a big 25-7 loss. Head coach Dan Campbell has opted not to play his starters so far in preseason, leaving the quarterback duties to Nate Sudfeld and Teddy Bridgewater. Sudfeld completed 9-of-18 last week for 80 yards, a touchdown, and an interception, while Bridgewater threw 5-for-11 for 34 yards.

Which Lions will play, expected inactives

Campbell has stated the plan is to keep the starters out of the preseason finale, so expect to see the QB duties split between Sudfeld and Bridgewater again. “I want to see how today and tomorrow goes, but I think it’s going to look very much like the first two games,” said Campbell of the finale.

• Pie 3

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Detroit Lions

After taking down the Giants 21-16 in their opener, the Lions were comprehensively outplayed by the Jaguars in their second game resulting in a big 25-7 loss. Head coach Dan Campbell has opted not to play his starters so far in preseason, leaving the quarterback duties to Nate Sudfeld and Teddy Bridgewater. Sudfeld completed 9-of-18 last week for 80 yards, a touchdown, and an interception, while Bridgewater threw 5-for-11 for 34 yards.

Which Lions will play, expected inactives

Campbell has stated the plan is to keep the starters out of the preseason finale, so expect to see the QB duties split between Sudfeld and Bridgewater again. “I want to see how today and tomorrow goes, but I think it’s going to look very much like the first two games,” said Campbell of the finale.

Teddy 2 Gloves revenge game incoming

• Beer 3

There’s enough ambiguity for Campbell to change his mind there, but after watching Tuesday’s practice, I think it’s almost a certainty the Lions will not play their starters on Friday. Detroit opted to run a scrimmage that mocked an entire preseason game. Not only was there live tackling (except for quarterbacks, obviously), but the team actually went inside the building at “halftime” for 10 minutes before coming out and finishing the game.