• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Possible.  If I’m him, I go out week 1, rack up 3 sacks and a couple TFL, then demand my pay.  

It's typical for teams to stop all contract negotiations during the season. Not sure if this would be an edge case since it involves a holdout for a premier player though.

9 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Sounds like Burns isn’t practicing today. Frank says he won’t know what’s going to happen until Sunday.

Kinda wish burns would take this attitude.

Which for those that don’t know hockey. Necas is an RFA x2. Aka we basically gave him his 5th year option. Basically the same boat as Burns but you can’t “tag” in hockey so he gets a qualifying offer. If any other teams wants to pay higher they can and you either have to match or not. But the situation is nearly the same. 

If I was the panthers and burns doesn’t play I’d find the first team willing to give up a first and a few roster pieces we need this year and be done with him. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1