• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Checked out?

Mr. Scot

25 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

You. It's all about your reaction. Along with Davidson and frankw.

All you guys- "You can't be here because you're not a real Panther fan. You're not allowed to answer a post that asks a question because your response is not what we want to read."

No. 

that isnt my point at all 

I, too, am a long time Psl owner. Club level 

sometimes it’s great. Sometimes it sucks

yOU got out as is your right 

but why follow something that clearly makes you miserable 

10 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

No. 

that isnt my point at all 

I, too, am a long time Psl owner. Club level 

sometimes it’s great. Sometimes it sucks

yOU got out as is your right 

but why follow something that clearly makes you miserable 

I'm a football fan. I had to stop being emotionally invested, because that while being a Panther fan isn't good for your mental and physical well-being.

Wife is still a Panther fan, but she's been able to dial it back a little as well.

Now, as a fan of the game, I can watch all or part of a game and walk away, turn it off or whatever. I just enjoy seeing a good game. 

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post.

We are going to the Green Bay game Xmas Eve. Now that my wife's parents are gone, we travel for the holidays. This year Charlotte for a couple days.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm a football fan. I had to stop being emotionally invested, because that while being a Panther fan isn't good for your mental and physical well-being.

Wife is still a Panther fan, but she's been able to dial it back a little as well.

Now, as a fan of the game, I can watch all or part of a game and walk away, turn it off or whatever. I just enjoy seeing a good game. 

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post.

We are going to the Green Bay game Xmas Eve. Now that my wife's parents are gone, we travel for the holidays. This year Charlotte for a couple days.

I totally understand 

this is a hard franchise to give a crap about 

the lions have had decades of mediocrity 

how they have remained so loyal is beyond me 

at least this franchise stumbled its way to 2 Super Bowl in 28 years 

7 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

I am still excited but worried about our LT Icky protecting Young.. usually the first four games are ugly.. too many variables with the team. I want to see how they look with the so called real plays!! It’s ATL we always play each close!! Go Panthers!!

I'm actually not very worried about Ickey

I think with how the pre-season went for him, they're going to run a lot of TE sets next to him to give him some chips and help the first few weeks.  Just like the team did last year early to help build his confidence and get him into a groove.

So Ickey with help and Bryce's mobility in the pocket, I think we'll be good there.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I totally understand 

this is a hard franchise to give a crap about 

the lions have had decades of mediocrity 

how they have remained so loyal is beyond me 

at least this franchise stumbled its way to 2 Super Bowl in 28 years 

Lions fans have been able to stay loyal by giving up on hope, accepting that their franchise is going to screw things up, and enjoying any little bit of good they get each season.

Seriously, I'm from Michigan and live half an hour north of downtown, all my friends are Lions fans.  Even during the Stafford and Calvin years, they never really allowed themselves to have legitimate hope going into seasons and once things started going well they just accepted something bad would happen at some point.

Watched the game last night with a few Lions fans and even with how excited they were, right away last night they said how amazing it is, how they finally have real hope for the first time in their lives about the Lions, but they still figure they'll end up crapping out in spectacular fashion at some point, just maybe in the playoffs for a change.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Roaring Riot's Josh Klein...

Can't speak for anyone outside of myself, but I'm pretty excited about the upcoming season.

What are others seeing? 🤔

David Tepper is the problem. We've sucked since 2015. We went o-fer in preseason with a fairly pedestrian showing after the team hyped up the fanbase all summer long. Brian Burns may or may not be playing. We are likely a long way off from playoff contention and we don't have a first round pick next year. 

My biggest gripe isn't Bryce but what we gave up for him. We may have handed our conference rivals DJ Moore and a Top 10 pick next year, meaning we will likely be in Year 3 or 4 of Bryce before we have enough to really challenge for a conference championship.

This is a reset, which is fine. But we were here in 2020 and now we are back at the bottom of another reset which in the NFL takes years. So pardon some of us for just not caring at the moment. 

If we contend for 2nd in the South, I'll be pleasantly surprised. My guess is that it's a race to the bottom between us and Tampa though. We just don't have the horses on offense nor do we have the quality depth on defense.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Lions fans have been able to stay loyal by giving up on hope and accepting that their franchise is going to screw things up.

Seriously, I'm from Michigan and live half an hour north of downtown, all my friends are Lions fans.  Even during the Stafford and Calvin years, they never really allowed themselves to have legitimate hope going into seasons and once things started going well they just accepted something bad would happen at some point.

Watched the game last night with a few Lions fans and even with how excited they were, right away last night they said how amazing it is, how they finally have real hope for the first time in their lives about the Lions, but they still figure they'll end up crapping out in spectacular fashion at some point, just maybe in the playoffs for a change.

I'm from Michigan as well. And this is a load of crap. 

8 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Lions fans have been able to stay loyal by giving up on hope, accepting that their franchise is going to screw things up, and enjoying any little bit of good they get each season.

Like Jacksonville this is the year for Detroit to take the division!! It’s there for the taking!!

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I'm from Michigan as well. And this is a load of crap. 

In what way?

My friends are all die hard Lions fans and have always talked about the Lions in this way our whole lives.  They love the team, love to watch them, hope they win, but never allow themselves to get too far ahead of their skis because it's still the Lions.

They've won 1 playoff game since 1957 and that came in 1991.

It's not hard to love your team but never really get too high of expectations when that's been the case your whole life of 35+ years of watching the Lions operate.  They've watched the franchise throw away the careers of the best RB in league history and one of the best WRs in league history.

Edited by tukafan21