• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When is Horn a bust?

top dawg

See I differentiate high picks who suck from high picks who are really good but get injured. The former I consider busts, but never really the latter. Otah was an absolute stud but injuries derailed his career, I don’t view that as a bust because talent wise it was a good pick. You can’t really predict injuries. Horn when healthy is a top 10 corner so can’t fault the pick, even with Surtain and Parsons picked later. It’s unfortunate but injuries are unpredictable.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Tbe said:

If his availability is low again this season we need to replace him.

I mean he’s under contract pretty cheap next season so there’s no reason to just punt but yeah they’re going to have to start thinking about a big time replacement 

Just now, t96 said:

See I differentiate high picks who suck from high picks who are really good but get injured. The former I consider busts, but never really the latter. Otah was an absolute stud but injuries derailed his career, I don’t view that as a bust because talent wise it was a good pick. You can’t really predict injuries. Horn when healthy is a top 10 corner so can’t fault the pick, even with Surtain and Parsons picked later. It’s unfortunate but injuries are unpredictable.

I respect that, and from some perspective I agree, but the result is basically the same: too much draft capital spent for a player not getting it done.

He won't be a bust but a pick that didn't work out due to injuries.

When on the field he's been near elite, that alone makes him not a bust, just a bad pick, there is a difference.

I had high hopes coming into the season, but not even getting to halftime in week 1 before getting hurt is a bad sign.  I'm not going to completely write him off yet, but I think all my hope and expectations for him have now gone out the window unfortunately.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

He won't be a bust but a pick that didn't work out due to injuries.

When on the field he's been near elite, that alone makes him not a bust, just a bad pick, there is a difference.

I had high hopes coming into the season, but not even getting to halftime in week 1 before getting hurt is a bad sign.  I'm not going to completely write him off yet, but I think all my hope and expectations for him have now gone out the window unfortunately.

See above. The results are the same. It was an opportunity cost that we are losing so far.