• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HEAVENS TO BETSY, LOOK AT THESE WIDE-OPEN RECEIVERS

Carl Spackler

If what we saw in the preseason was vanilla offense, then what was that today?  To hell with the secrecy and game planning if guys can't get separation.  It was great to see Bryce with so much time in the pocket early in the game, to not be rushed, but we're lucky there weren't more coverage sacks because he's smart enough to check down or throw it away, while from his point of view he saw a Falcons defender (or two) draped over everyone running routes.

What I saw is adjustments from the Falcons bumping coverage up and daring Bryce or our receivers to run deep. We did it once from our own 1 yard line and Bryce badly missed on a deep throw. We never tried to throw deep again.

That is telling me either the coaching staff thinks Bryce can't throw it deep or the oline can't hold up enough for a deep throw

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

What I saw is adjustments from the Falcons bumping coverage up and daring Bryce or our receivers to run deep. We did it once from our own 1 yard line and Bryce badly missed on a deep throw. We never tried to throw deep again.

That is telling me either the coaching staff thinks Bryce can't throw it deep or the oline can't hold up enough for a deep throw

Throwing flys isn't the only way to beat bump. If your guys can't beep press, then rub routes and screens go along way into backing the DBs off a little. 

Instead of spreading out the trips, stack them. Keep the defense guessing - a couple of rub routes will do that. 

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

No one will say no to Mike Evans for a 2025 1st rounder and if you do you’re dumb.

So wrong dude. I don’t want Mike Evans as he degrades for our 2025 1st. We aren’t a SB competitor this year or next. We actually need to keep some of these picks we are throwing away every year.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

Bruh. We’ve got the legit worst WR room in the NFL. 

Been saying that for a while. Still can get people thinking Marshall will be a 1000 yard WR. We added some targets because we had nothing after trading DJ, but we need WRs. I hope Mingo develops, but I’m of the mind that we need to upgrade the other WRs. I was at least impressed by Hurst. He got open at least.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Two turnovers in a rookie QB's debut with no WR separation isn't what I'd call disappointing. It's what I expected. He's gonna make some bad reads. He's a rookie on a bad team.

He needs his WRs to get open, or get schemed open, so he gets a chance to overcome those bad reads.

They're not College open in those clips, but they're NFL open.

Got to make those throws - you're not going to have 5 yards of separation most downs.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

I compared him to Dewayne Jarrett 2 years ago and got like 15 poos on a post.

People here get way to high of expectations on new players here and then act offended when they don’t work out. 

If you go off of our draft history usually 1 player (maybe 2) become contributing starters, 1 (maybe 2) stick around as depth guys longer than 2 years. The rest get cut or tossed on the PS it’s just fact. Very rarely do you get a draft where you load up on studs.

Bryce Young, Jonathan Mingo, DJ Johnson, Chandler Zavala, Jammie Robinson

Probably 1 out of will be long term, 1-2 will be on the team longer than a few years the others will drop off. Same thing every draft.

My guess Bryce is the long term guy, Mingo and Zavala pan out a few years and either drop off or don’t get resigned and Robinson and Johnson turn out to be duds.

Edited by Cdparr7