• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HEAVENS TO BETSY, LOOK AT THESE WIDE-OPEN RECEIVERS

Carl Spackler

I counted three (3) "missed" throws, one that could've gone for a TD, one that would've fallen short of the sticks on 3rd down, and one that would've gone for a 1st down.

Young started the game 12-18 (67%) for 91 yards, TD, INT, but finished it 8-20 (45%) for 55 yards and an INT. Some other things I noticed:

- quick screen to Shenault worked great. Was never run again
- Bryce's biggest mistake on his first pick was not taking the 8-yard completion to Mingo
- Needs to look Mingo's way more, the 3rd-and-8 pickup was a great play by QB and WR

• Pie 3

we got no speed to threaten vertically.  And if a D doesn’t respect the threat …..it makes coverage easier.  Because you end up taking half the guessing out of the equation for a DB.  They know everything is in front of them and play it that way. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

we got no speed to threaten vertically.  And if a D doesn’t respect the threat …..it makes coverage easier.  Because you end up taking half the guessing out of the equation for a DB.  They know everything is in front of them and play it that way. 

Our deep threat was out today, but Mingo should've had a 99 yard TD with a better throw and TMJ should've had a deep catch with a better route ran.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Those route concepts are pretty awful. A lot easier to cover when all the receivers are roughly at the same depth of the field.

Thank You!

Was saying this during the game thread plenty of times. Frank needs to find something else that gets players in different spots on the field. The routes just never looked good on the field imo.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I have no Heisman Trophy and I have never worked for DoorDash in Tuscaloosa, but I would NOT throw deep to anyone on that fuging lineup today save for Jonathan Mingo. And even then it'd give me pause. Safeties were salivating at the deep ball with 7 in coverage.

We're gonna be angry at the OL next Monday when the sack total rises after NO blitzes more.

• Pie 1