• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Vibes

WarHeel

Teddy would be a solid starting QB in this league if he didn't have the fatal flaw of consistently turning the ball over.

Yes, I know Bryce had 2 INTs, but it was his first game, I think INTs will be the least of his worries in his career with his mental approach to the game, he'll be lightyears better than Two Gloves ever was in that area.

Having said that, comparing Bryce's passing chart in his first ever game without his fastest WR is just a fools errand anyways.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Seems like everyone with an ax to grind are coming out of the woodwork to complain about their same old issues legitimate or not.

While I dont have an agenda, I am always glad to give my 2 cwntssolicited or otherwise

.What I saw was a quarterback who started off pretty well but after those picks became tentative and held the ball. Sometimes we had folks open early but Bryce held the ball hoping for more seperation which in fact gVe defenders time to recover. On those long balls Young was putting them way out in front rather than giving them air for the receiver to catch up if necessary.  Totally understandable for a  rookie qb playing in his first action.  Hopefully he will bounce back and play better on Monday night. I have heard it said that teams make the most progress between week 1 and 2.  We will see shortly.

To be clear, I’m not coming out of the woodwork with an agenda. I wish Bryce all the success in the world.

4 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Well yeah but we drafted both of them #1 overall. And if we are going to use the excuse for lack of experience then we should be objective on all fronts, yes?

Oh, I know what you’re saying, but if we can just figure out the wide receiver, separation problem, the rest will fall into place, Bryce is a damn good quarterback, you just can’t compare him to cam

Edited by pantherdad
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, pantherdad said:

Oh, I know what you’re saying, but if we can just figure out the wide receiver, separation problem, the rest will fall into place, Bryce is a damn good quarterback, you just can’t compare him to cam

But even at that, they both lost their first start, so there’s that. The end result was the same.

• Pie 1

Comparing Teddy who had been in the league for 7 years and had DJ, Samuel, and Robby to Bryce in his first career game  who had TMJ, Theilen, and Mingo (also in his first game) just shows how out of touch some of you are with reality.

And coming from possibly the biggest Cam homer on this board, Cam had Smith, Olsen, and Shockey to start his career. Not exactly apples to apples. 

• Pie 2

Also, worth noting if you want to scrutinize his completion %…..Young had 8 throwaways.  Only 1 QB has had more in a game since 2006.

Bryce Young is a point guard distributor.  If you got a problem with Young…..you really don’t.  You got a problem with the folks around him. 

• Flames 1

Just now, WarHeel said:

Well it was my OP which you commented on so that was my assumption. Who were you referring to?

I think it is obvious to folks who frequent this site that certain posters beat the same old dead horses and have players or coaches they don't like and constantly complain about. So I don't need to point out what is clear to anyone paying attention.

• Pie 1

Something I think that will really help Bryce is using his escapability and extending the play more often. He flashed his escapability big time in the Detroit preseason game. If our receivers can’t get open in 3 seconds, it could really help to escape the pocket and buy some more time when the pocket starts to collapse. It seems like he’s rushing his reads because he thinks he HAS to get the ball out before the pocket collapses.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, frankw said:

Young can sling it. Elite arm strength is not there yet he's only 22. Off the charts physical ability isn't the end all be all anyway we saw that with Darnold. My issue is the same problems plagued us that have for the last few seasons. Our receivers are still struggling to gain separation and the ones who can are banged up and missing time. This is on our GM. He took enormous risks with this receiving core and traded away a hell of a lot for a young rookie QB.

We are so behind the modern NFL when it comes to prioritizing WRs. Look around the league and look at the top offenses. Dolphins have Hill and Waddle. Bills have Diggs and Davis. Chargers have Keenan and Mike Williams. 49ers have Deebo and Aiyuk. Eagles have AJ Brown and Devonta Smith. Detroit has Amon Ra St brown and Jameson Williams coming back. Jaguars have Ridley and Kirk. Cowboys have Ceedee Lamb and Brandin Cooks. Bengals have Chase and Higgins. Even with Justin Jefferson they added another stud in Jordan Addison.

Yet we still act like we can just get by by commitee. Should have went hard after Deandre Hopkins. Should have tried to snag Ridley from the Falcons (for a measly 5th round pick). Instead we trade 3rd rounders for CBs and use the majority of our cash and draft picks on defense.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2