• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Vibes

WarHeel

12 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

And people wonder why this franchise the way it is.  Fans settle for mediocrity and always look for good in bad and always “hope” for the future. -Result, a shitty franchise with no energy.

the only fans that are "settling for mediocrity" are the ones who bitch and moan about everything from the field surface to the owner and yet watch every weekend (or better yet dont) and then keep coming back here day in and day out to find something new to bitch about.

6 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

We are just going to ignore the 4 GWD in Brady's first 6 playoff games including 2 SBs?

Is it me, or does comparing a rookies performance playing in his first game, to the body of work of arguably the greatest QB of all time seem a wee bit irrational?  Are we really talking about 6 GOAT playoff games when the kid hasn't played 6 quarters of football yet?

People already on the Bryce bust train may end up being correct, but I think 4 quarters of football is not enough to draw conclusions.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Is it me, or does comparing a rookies performance playing in his first game, to the body of work of arguably the greatest QB of all time seem a wee bit irrational?  Are we really talking about 6 GOAT playoff games when the kid hasn't played 6 quarters of football yet?

People already on the Bryce bust train may end up being correct, but I think 4 quarters of football is not enough to draw conclusions.

Why people think Bryce will bust I have no clue. His only issue is his stature, which it seems like he’s working on bulking up. 

That aside I do think he has an accuracy issue right now. But it’s nothing that can’t be overcome in a few more games and better play calling. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, frankw said:

Young can sling it. Elite arm strength is not there yet he's only 22. Off the charts physical ability isn't the end all be all anyway we saw that with Darnold. My issue is the same problems plagued us that have for the last few seasons. Our receivers are still struggling to gain separation and the ones who can are banged up and missing time. This is on our GM. He took enormous risks with this receiving core and traded away a hell of a lot for a young rookie QB.

I've kind of felt that for a while, we haven't bothered to take a stop watch with us to the Combine. I mean I don't want us to turn into Al Davis' version of the Raiders picking purely based on WR speed, but c'mon... it does matter.

1 hour ago, Cullenator said:

the only fans that are "settling for mediocrity" are the ones who bitch and moan about everything from the field surface to the owner and yet watch every weekend (or better yet dont) and then keep coming back here day in and day out to find something new to bitch about.

This makes zero sense.

I love those positive threads after we look like dog poo year after year.  Folks here settle for participation trophy.

Current state of Panthers fandom in NFC South.

IMG_5592.thumb.jpeg.87cd8a3a1dcbd7691cca3fb3037dd0a3.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

Alright then

What should we as fans do?  What can we do to change the product on the field?

What do you do when you come to a store and they sold you something you didn’t order?  Do you just take it and walk away?

Edited by Lame Duck

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

As long as he holds up.

I think he’ll be the 2nd best QB in that division under Steichen

He left yesterday's game with a knee injury.  I doubt he can make it 16 more games with that same playing style.  I bet they are going to start holding off on some of those designed QB runs.  

14 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

This makes zero sense.

I love those positive threads after we look like dog poo year after year.  Folks here settle for participation trophy.

Current state of Panthers fandom in NFC South.

IMG_5592.thumb.jpeg.87cd8a3a1dcbd7691cca3fb3037dd0a3.jpeg

Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow are all 0-1.  Freaking out over week 1 is premature to say the least.  We should get better as the season progresses, you know like our GM said before the season started.  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

He left yesterday's game with a knee injury.  I doubt he can make it 16 more games with that same playing style.  I bet they are going to start holding off on some of those designed QB runs.  

Which is a very large part of his game and a big reason he was so highly regarded coming out

• Pie 1