• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TMJ

ncfan

14 hours ago, joemac said:

For a guy who led that LSU team with Jefferson and Chase in TDs, his pro career has been a major disappointment.  I thought at least by now he would be a major red zone threat, and able to get the 50/50 jump balls, but he has shown hardly any of that. 

Umm, Marshall never led those two in anything. Chase and Jefferson had 38TDs to Marshall’s 13. Chase had over 1000 yards more than Marshall and Jefferson had almost 900 yards more.

Marshall was a clear WR3 and was closer to Moss (TE) and Helaire, who both had more receptions than Marshall.

Marshall, just like Moss and Helaire, benefitted greatly from Chase and Jefferson. In no way was Marshall close to Chase and Jefferson.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I don't know if it is our coaching, or scheming, or what. PJ Walker, Bridgewater and Baker Mayfield both have done better with other teams, than ours. 

I’m wondering the same thing. Is this his first year in the NFL with proper coaching? His first two years were an absolute shitshow.

11 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Marshall, just like Moss and Helaire, benefitted greatly from Chase and Jefferson. In no way was Marshall close to Chase and Jefferson.

Well, if you look at TMJ in 2020 (when he had neither Chase nor Jefferson to benefit from), his per game stats are very much on par with Chase and Jefferson during their monster 2019 season.  He just chose to opt out halfway into the season after declaring for the NFL draft, or else he was on pace to put up the same kind of monster numbers.  I think he's clearly not viewed as on the level of Chase/Jefferson (his draft position shows that), but I think he also showed that he can be the guy, rather than just an overrated receiver who benefited from the receivers around him.

image.png.fe845bc83e895439dfee2d2e9c62a5c1.png

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Devil Doc said:

I don't know if it is our coaching, or scheming, or what. PJ Walker, Bridgewater and Baker Mayfield both have done better with other teams, than ours. 

How would PJ Walker be "doing better" after playing poorly enough to be cut by the Bears of all teams?Hell, they didn't even sign him back to their practice squad (the Browns did).

As to the others, any comparisons made would be to the period where we had either Joe Brady or Ben McAdoo running our offense, so...

3 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Well, if you look at TMJ in 2020 (when he had neither Chase nor Jefferson to benefit from), his per game stats are very much on par with Chase and Jefferson during their monster 2019 season.  He just chose to opt out halfway into the season after declaring for the NFL draft, or else he was on pace to put up the same kind of monster numbers.  I think he's clearly not viewed as on the level of Chase/Jefferson (his draft position shows that), but I think he also showed that he can be the guy, rather than just an overrated receiver who benefited from the receivers around him.

image.png.fe845bc83e895439dfee2d2e9c62a5c1.png

Please don’t compare TMJ to those two. When they played together the separation was a canyon. We over-drafted him when we desperately needed OL who were available. It’s something we tend to do.

Edited by WhoKnows

This is the symptom of a bigger problem: a shitty GM. The guy is basically Hurney without even hitting gold on all his first round picks. He overdrafts players, gives up draft capital to move up and make bad picks and overpays JAGs who shouldn’t be on the team. If Hurney had been more active in free agency he’d be Fitterer.