• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D'Andre Swift was had for a bag of Cheetos and put up 175 yds last night... Not looking good Mr. Fitterer

TheBigKat

1 minute ago, NAS said:

Seems to me like every GM is playing checkers while Howie Roseman is playing three dimensional chess.  He continues to make that roster even better on both sides of the ball.   

Except that hurts does not look worth his contract...

4 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

I so hope we win that game in order to keep the idiots in their basements under control for at least a week.

Heading into the season, I was prepared to keep things in perspective with our tough pre-bye schedule and new everything. I really wasn’t too concerned with the W/L, especially pre-bye. Now I just want them to win so the huddle can be tolerable again.

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

Even if he doesn't, the committee approach is the current wave of the NFL

D'Andre Swift - $1.77 million

Rashaad Penny - $1.08 million

Kenneth Gainwell - $940K

Boston Scott - $1.85 million

Trey Sermon - $1.103 million

100% Guarantee you would be whining if we used 5 active roster spots on RB.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

Except that hurts does not look worth his contract...

How so?  Because he doesn't put up huge passing numbers?  

It is the same criticism that Cam received, but all he did was get first downs, put his team in position to win (running or passing).   

His passer rating is decent (93.1), completing 71% of his passes and they haven't even hit their stride yet.  I expect him to be really good this year.  

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

It is the same criticism that Cam received, but all he did was get first downs, put his team in position to win (running or passing).   

His passer rating is decent (93.1), completing 71% of his passes and they haven't even hit their stride yet.  I expect him to be really good this year.  

He's barely done anything as a passer to contribute to his team winning this year, and the running as we know from Cam isn't sustainable. If not for their elite OL and run game and D they'd be trash and he couldn't do anything about it. He's paid like a Mahomes but is nowhere near that level. Eagles would likely be 0-2 right now also if it weren't for their opponents shooting themselves in the foot multiple times each game with horrible giveaways (some earned by Eagles D but several not). We'll see how the rest of this year and the next few years go but Hurts to my eyes is not a legit franchise QB worthy of getting the contract he got. When all the support around him falls off due to the impending cap crunch that team will really really struggle. Maybe I'm wrong but we'll see

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

Hurts has a fantastic OL and supporting cast.  He’s not a fast processor and has average release.  He struggles under pressure like most QB.  I think once his contract becomes a burden and supporting cast dwindles down, he will be as average as average can get.

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

It’s still way too early to write off Sanders. He is a decent RB. A couple things though - he can’t fumble like he did on Sunday. It was a big play and killed a promising drive. 

also idiotic to let Foreman walk. He was a really solid player here. 

Foreman looked really good because he was running through some wide holes for the Panthers and could truck defenders. Reality is, he was blind and would miss holes all the time to hit a defender for 3 yards. 

1 hour ago, Lame Duck said:

Fitt has been a fail so far.  This team has no identity aside from Burns, probably why they did not trade him for 2 first picks.  Many of his draft picks were a fail, his free agent signings underperformed or have been a disaster.  I think Fitts seat is hot as hell.  Seattle is doing very well with him gone.

You just gonna disrespect Brown and Luvu like that? 

1 hour ago, Lame Duck said:

Fitt has been a fail so far.  This team has no identity aside from Burns, probably why they did not trade him for 2 first picks.  Many of his draft picks were a fail, his free agent signings underperformed or have been a disaster.  I think Fitts seat is hot as hell.  Seattle is doing very well with him gone.

Our team with a brand new coaching staff and rookie QB doesn’t have an identity after Week 1? I’m shocked. 

RB is the only position that has been downgraded since Fitt, and many Huddlers wanted to trade CMC long before it happened. 

6 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

You just gonna disrespect Brown and Luvu like that? 

And Bozeman, Corbett, Woods, Icky, etc.

I know it’s popular to hate on Horn at the moment, but I think he’s potentially elite (All-Pro) caliber at his position when healthy. I don’t fault Fitt for Horn’s injury misfortunes. He’s clearly a stud on the field.