• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A loss to the Saints on MNF would be as bad a start as the Panthers can get.

hepcat

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's year one of a rebuild 

I definitely agree with this sentiment but the team doesn’t feel torn down to be a rebuild. This is renovation on top of a previous bad remodel. 

I feel like the roster will need much longer than the usual 2-3 years you give a coach to start feeling a SB window open. 

12 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I definitely agree with this sentiment but the team doesn’t feel torn down to be a rebuild. This is renovation on top of a previous bad remodel. 

I feel like the roster will need much longer than the usual 2-3 years you give a coach to start feeling a SB window open. 

Wanna debate metaphors? 😃

Seriously though, no two rebuilds are alike, but they are boiled down to seeing what you have, fixing what you don't, etc.

Bottom line to me

home opener 

nationally televised game 

#1 draft pick

a supposed all star coaching staff

surely they can find a way to beat the Saints.  

the lesser coaches  and lesser players did last year with a helluva lot more adversity than this team 

win the freaking game at home   As the old Italian saying goes, ‘don’t poo where you eat ‘

will they win ?    I hope so but I wouldn’t put money on it   

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, hepcat said:

Fitterer threw a Hail Mary trading for Young. If it works out, he’s set for Young’s tenure on the team. If he fails, he’s out. He is lucky to have even gotten the opportunity to do that after his numerous failures in 2021 and 2022. But here we are, he made his biggest move to date and he gets to be around long enough to see if it pans out or not. It sucks but that’ll be the case most likely. 

I have a feeling that while some fans may call those failures on Fitt, Tepper likely sees those failures as Rhules fault. 

• Pie 1

Down two games after week two isn’t insurmountable. That’s ludicrous. But if you had been getting ready to buy Super Bowl tickets your expectations were unreasonable from the start.  Still entirely possible to make the playoffs or even win the division after losing your first two games. If we don’t, 🤷‍♂️ the future is still bright. 

6 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Down two games after week two isn’t insurmountable. That’s ludicrous. But if you had been getting ready to buy Super Bowl tickets your expectations were unreasonable from the start.  Still entirely possible to make the playoffs or even win the division after losing your first two games. If we don’t, 🤷‍♂️ the future is still bright

Assuming Young pans out, yes....if not - oh wee mayne

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

So what should we do? Blow it all up If we don't win it all this year?

If there are no clear signs of progress you must make a change and that starts with Fitt.  If we end up with something like 4 or 5 wins and we look completely inept or stagnant like last week then something has to change.

I thought we were probably good enough for 7 maybe 8 wins but damn I dont know seeing how atl and tb look improved.

7 hours ago, hepcat said:

Fitterer threw a Hail Mary trading for Young. If it works out, he’s set for Young’s tenure on the team. If he fails, he’s out. He is lucky to have even gotten the opportunity to do that after his numerous failures in 2021 and 2022. But here we are, he made his biggest move to date and he gets to be around long enough to see if it pans out or not. It sucks but that’ll be the case most likely. 

I always thought it was a bit crazy to trade all of that capital to #1 and not know who you were going to take.  Seems ass backward to me

6 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

If this roster is 2-3 years aways, and I agree wholehearted with you, then that is the exact damn reason you trade burns for that draft capital.  WTF is the point of paying him if you dont think you are going to win?  And if you do look at this roster and think you can compete then thats a larger issue

• Pie 1