• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young hot take

Zod

8 minutes ago, Mage said:

And yet, Lawrence only threw for 118 yards in his 2nd game.

So you either agree the amount of yards matter or you don't.  You posted a stat to try and dunk on Young and I gave a response using the same standard.  Never once did I say Young was as good as Lawrence.  I simply was responding to your criticism of how he threw for so little yards.

You are just moving goal-posts at this point.  And I like how you keep trying to paint me as this person full of positivity, when I have stated multiple times that I accept Young could be a bust.  How about this.  I will admit I'm wrong when you admit that bringing up yards thrown was foolish.

Lawrence's career YPA is 6.5 while Bryce Young's first two starts are amongst the lowest YPA averages of any starter recorded.

Nobody said the only concern were the number of yards he threw for. It's one piece of the puzzle. His physical traits and arm strength have been a question and concern all along but it was an issue that was consistently shouted down by fans like yourself who are once again trying to silence dissent. It's boring. Go start your own message board if that's the conversation you seek.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said it last night during the 1st half. This play calling is screaming "I don't trust me my QB" and I wonder if it's not having an impact on Bryce's confidence. If he's as football savvy as advertised he's not ignorant of this.

The playcalling is screaming "I have a rookie QB, a new system, new coaches and dogshit for weapons"

Or, it could be what you said too I guess.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, poorboysrev said:

I didn’t have to search for anything man I’ve watched football a long time and have a memory ha. Seen sure things flame out and guys people doubt succeed. The draft’s a crapshoot. Drew Brees was like what an inch  taller if?? I’m not saying he’s going to be as good as any of those guys, just that it’s a bit ridiculous to act like we know 2 games in. He DID hang with both teams. They were close games. Obviously gotta get much much better. We’ll see if he/they can 

He (bryce) didnt really hang with either team that was the defense doing the heavy lifting.  Bryce was too busy fumbling and throwing ints.  

Edited by mrcompletely11

11 minutes ago, poorboysrev said:

I didn’t have to search for anything man I’ve watched football a long time and have a memory ha. Seen sure things flame out and guys people doubt succeed. The draft’s a crapshoot. Drew Brees was like what an inch  taller if?? I’m not saying he’s going to be as good as any of those guys, just that it’s a bit ridiculous to act like we know 2 games in. He DID hang with both teams. They were close games. Obviously gotta get much much better. We’ll see if he/they can 

I understand where you are coming from as a Panthers fan wanting to look for silver linings. That's all we've had for almost 3 decades now. But we hung in both games because of our defense just to be clear. Remove Brian Burns Derrick Brown and Frankie Luvu and it's a blowout both games. That's how putrid our offense is. That is not all on our QB either. The staff is not living up to all the offseason fluff. Further than that though the front office needs to be on notice. We change coaches we change QB's but some of the same issues remain.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

The playcalling is screaming "I have a rookie QB, a new system, new coaches and dogshit for weapons"

Or, it could be what you said too I guess.

We sure didn't treat preseason like this was the case. We treated preseason like we were about to hit the NFL with a haymaker they'd never see coming. There was a haymaker that wasn't seen coming alright. Unfortunately we've been on the wrong end of that sweet chin music.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Hot take is Bryce most likely should have sat the first half of the season

not because of his play but because what was given up for him, we can’t afford to deal with rookie mistakes as much since we don’t have our first next year, and I think our young WRs would develop more with a vet qb 

but this front office is hell bent on microwaving results 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Zod said:

I think he is the next Drew Brees if he gets the right coaching.

We don't know how well Brees would have done his rookie season, because he didn't start. But I suspect he would have looked a lot like Bryce.

I was always jealous of how quickly Brees would dissect the defense and that quick gd release. So hard to defend.

I see that potential in Bryce. 

I still say he needs to sit for this year. He is just not ready for NFL football. Maybe next year but the 2023 is a redshirt year if he was in college.

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

The chiefs literally do this every sneak play. They have the tight end take the sneak.

we did this during cam’s come back season. The patriots did it with gronk earlier in the dynasty years. The saints did it with taysum hill…..

either you are choosing to not remember, haven’t watched much football , or just need to try to make your post sound even more oblivious.

The chiefs do not do this "every" sneak play.

I dont recall ever taking Cam out in a shirt yardage situation.  If you're talking about when we would out him in on short yardage...  well, yeah, why wouldn't you?

You cite the Pats did it with Gronk there...  ok, maybe for a different look, but they didn't do it every play - LOL Tom Brady is renowned for how efficient his QB Sneak was, so he was doing it plenty.

Then you cite the Saints doing it with Hill.  Again, didn't do it every play bc I recall the Saints converting plenty sneaks with Brees, especially against us.

So, I don't know if you were just trying to be a contrarian, but again as I said, we subbed him out both times in those situations, no exceptions.  And I have never seen that for a full game.  So I stand by that statement.

Now, perhaps they did it just as a specific look for this game, but this came after someone here even said that Reich openly said that Bryce will never sneak it.  So there's that... 

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I dont recall ever taking Cam out in a shirt yardage situation.  If you're talking about when we would out him in on short yardage...  well, yeah, why wouldn't you?

You cite the Pats did it with Gronk there...  ok, maybe for a different look, but they didn't do it every play - LOL Tom Brady is renowned for how efficient his QB Sneak was, so he was doing it plenty.

Then you cite the Saints doing it with Hill.  Again, didn't do it every play bc I recall the Saints converting plenty sneaks with Brees, especially against us.

So, I don't know if you were just trying to be a contrarian, but again as I said, we subbed him out both times in those situations, no exceptions.  And I have never seen that for a full game.  So I stand by that statement.

Now, perhaps they did it just as a specific look for this game, but this came after someone here even said that Reich openly said that Bryce will never sneak it.  So there's that... 

Speaking of the Chiefs.  I wonder what they would want for Justyn Ross?  Hes buried on that team...

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

this is such a silly topic to even debate.

2 hours ago, Panthers Addict said:

Literally was thinking this right after the game last night. He can get the ball out quicker than most QB's, and his processing is also quicker than most as well.

My concern is the play calling and not having enough receiving help. Coaches tend to get stuck in their old ways even if what they're doing doesn't work for this group of personnel, and receivers are hard to come by in this league.

The offensive line will clean up over time (injuries, free agency next season).

This year may end up being a tough one due to the lack of weapons and accumulating injuries on both sides of the ball, but going forward I'm confident that we have our guy.

I said that before they played their first game. But that wasn't a popular opinion around here so I was shouted down. I think there's a few among us that still doesn't get it. I'm also not so sure there's a lot of diversity in thought going on with the offense right now.