• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young hot take

Zod

Just now, Varking said:

WRs have been NFL open. He just doesn’t seem confident in making NFL throws in tight windows yet. 

Exactly. But dont tell these blind homers this. To sit here and say they are never open is hilarity. Bryce honestly should be on the bench right now in favor of Dalton

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It starts with WRs being open. We don’t have a WR on the roster who would have made the play Olave made or the catch Thomas made. 

It’s a bit more than that. There are depth layers, hot routes, etc. I agree we need more separation, but these deeper routes take time. Bryce needs to look more at his TEs and RBs. If 10-20 isn’t open check down. Frank needs to do a better job of scheming these guys open. Anyways, Young is playing as I expected. However, I think ATL and NO have really good secondaries as well. It will get better, he is a rookie.

• Beer 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I HOPE so but I don't see any evidence of this. I haven't seen any of this super processing, elite cerebral QB play so far. I've just seen a guy who looks wholly physically outmatched at the NFL level. Has he audibled into an effective play yet? He keeps throwing late across the middle. He got so rattled last night he lined up behind the RG.

I truly hope it's just growing pains but it's harder to believe with a guy who has physical limitations but was supposed to be mentally ideal.

Let's all be honest for just a second. If a division rival had made this trade for a guy who had looked like Bryce has through two games we would all be ROLLING laughing.

His arm strength or lackthereof is way more concerning to me then how he is processing the field. 

• Pie 5

38 minutes ago, Zod said:

I think he is the next Drew Brees if he gets the right coaching.

We don't know how well Brees would have done his rookie season, because he didn't start. But I suspect he would have looked a lot like Bryce.

I was always jealous of how quickly Brees would dissect the defense and that quick gd release. So hard to defend.

I see that potential in Bryce. 

Same here!  He's got IT!

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

His arm strength or lackthereof is way more concerning to me then how he is processing the field. 

He threw a few bullets off platform right to the WR’s numbers last night. Remind me when any of our last three QBs did that, and it was his 2nd game as a pro. Relax

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1