• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young hot take

Zod

7 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Please watch other football games and see how open WRs are due to talent/skill. There hasn’t been a lot of places to go with the football. 

Let’s not do silly insults like “watch other football games”. I’d be willing to bet most folks who post here watch multiple games. There’s been places to go with the ball. You can’t just tell everyone who disagrees with you that they need to watch more football or watch more games. There are folks open enough and the trigger isn’t being pulled. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

His arm strength or lackthereof is way more concerning to me then how he is processing the field. 

It's massively concerning. It doesn't matter how good of a processor you are if you don't have the ability to make the throws. That's what it looks like to me. Most of the throws Bryce has made into traffic more than 10 yards down field has either been picked, a near pick, or a safe miss. He just can't drive the ball in there and trying to float them in at this level required otherworldly accuracy. He gets caught hesitating because he isn't confident he has the arm to make the throws.

I'm just concerned Bryce doesn't have the physical tools to deliver.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I HOPE so but I don't see any evidence of this. I haven't seen any of this super processing, elite cerebral QB play so far. I've just seen a guy who looks wholly physically outmatched at the NFL level. Has he audibled into an effective play yet? He keeps throwing late across the middle. He got so rattled last night he lined up behind the RG.

I truly hope it's just growing pains but it's harder to believe with a guy who has physical limitations but was supposed to be mentally ideal.

Let's all be honest for just a second. If a division rival had made this trade for a guy who had looked like Bryce has through two games we would all be ROLLING laughing.

Tua was a similar prospect in terms of being a cerebral QB with an average arm. Took him a minute to get his poo together in the pros too. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's massively concerning. It doesn't matter how good of a processor you are if you don't have the ability to make the throws. That's what it looks like to me. Most of the throws Bryce has made into traffic more than 19 yards down field has either been picked, a near pick, or a safe miss. He just can't drive the ball in there and trying to float them in at this level required otherworldly accuracy.

I'm just concerned Bryce doesn't have the physical tools to deliver.

He don’t have the zip big armed QBs have.  He need to add some muscles during off-season.  His arms are tiny as hell.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Tua was a similar prospect in terms of being a cerebral QB with an average arm. Took him a minute to get his poo together in the pros too. 

We’re only missing our own Tyreke/Waddle combo and innovative play calling. 

I’m far more concerned with the lack of weapons and the play calling than Bryce. At least I can hold onto hope that Thomas Brown will improve one of those. 

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He's also surrounded by the best offensive supporting cast in football. I don't think we have the resources to accomplish that anytime soon given that trade.

12 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Fields strength was always going to be his mobility which so far is still true. 

Bryce’s strength is supposed to be his vision/processing… which hasn’t been true one bit. He absolutely should be able to read the field better than Fields. It’s literally why he went 1st overall 

Fields is struggling to read the field and make throws but is completing more passes than Bryce for more yards and he only had one designed run last week. At least he has the major threat of his legs. He just has silly things like his OC calling the same play three times in a row to end the game this week. Only one designed run which resulted in a TD. 

Bryce will get better. It’s just two games. I’m not super worried about him. But nobody should be pretending he’s displaying any elite qualities right now. He’s the lowest rated starting QB passer in the NFL and he’s got no real excuse to be under Richardson at the moment. 

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

he has 3 turnovers in 2 games and took 2 bad sacks last night while missing numerous throws, thats not mistake free football my brother

4 turnovers.

2 picks vs Atlanta 

2 sack fumbles vs Saints.

Gotta clean that up our margin of error is already small. Multiple turnovers a game and we have no chance. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's also surrounded by the best offensive supporting cast in football. I don't think we have the resources to accomplish that anytime soon given that trade.

Tua has some of the best weapons and line in football. Jalen Hurts has some of the best weapons and line in football. Mac Jones doesn’t and he looks meh. 

Maybe Bama QBs need specific athletes around them to succeed. 

Every team in the NFL today wants a QB who fits the profile of being athletic, tall and have a strong arm.  So what did the Panthers do?  They took a short, unathletic QB, with a noodle arm, who melts the second he sniffs a defender around him.  Look at the stats from last night.  If you can't complete passes without a clean pocket and 6 seconds to throw its not going to work out well.  I'm glad they traded the best offensive weapons playmakers we had for this poo.  Unfortunately we're gonna have to ride this out for 3 years until Fitt and Reich are finally fired.  Fitterer has been the single worst thing to ever happen to this franchise and has set us back a decade at least.  Reich sucks but he wasn't our first choice, nobody wanted this job and could you blame them?  Glad Tepper who knows nothing about football let his wife decide that Bryce should be the pick because he was a good dinner date.  I suggest you find better things to do with your sundays then watching the panthers for the next few years, it's gonna be ugly.  

• Pie 3