• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mods can we get a handle on these threads???

WarPanthers89

5 minutes ago, Montsta said:

I frequented an Oakland A’s forum for years. During the run the team had around 2012 it was a very fun place to be. Fast forward to today and it’s an absolute shitshow. The fans go as the team goes. 

And those fans have a lot to throw a shitshow over.  The A's may be following the Raiders to Vegas, or they certainly want to.  Between a chronically bad product on a bad field to potentially no product on any field at all, it has to be toxic........and deja vu.  And there isn't much they can do about either of those things.

Not for nothing, but one of the facilities I deal with (and used to work at) is in the East Bay.  On a trip out there, a bunch of us went to an A's game.  They claimed there were 10,000 people there, but I'd say about 70% of those were dressed as empty seats.  You could literally hear on-field conversations from the stands because it was so quiet.  Rather eerie.

Oakland is not a happy place right now.

Nothing like threads whining about other threads whining.

It's a message board, brosef.  There's a time and place for everything.  And as the old saying goes, opinions are like buttholes, and you know what they day about those lol.  And to compound all of that, we are currently enveloped in the literal worst, least successful period in franchise history.  As a result, there is a ton of angst, anger, embitterment, and frustration present, and there's plenty of reason for all of those feelings because of the current ownership and state of the team.  So, theres gotta be space for that, just as in 2015, we had countless redundant positivity threads because it was in the air.  You take the good woth the bad, within reason...

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, Cullenator said:

If a product or vendor disappointed me at a fraction of the level that folks here are pushing forth Id quit doing business with them.  Id just walk away and if the day comes for me that its the Panthers I sure as hell wont stop by here to call Tepper ugly names on my way out.

Well luckily just as someone has the right to have their nose up his keester despite the horrific results under his ownership so far others have the right to keep following the team and call out the buffonery until the possible day he either stops meddling and let's someone else make decisions or sells the team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It's a message board, brosef.  There's a time and place for everything.  And as the old saying goes, opinions are like buttholes, and you know what they day about those lol.  And to compound all of that, we are currently enveloped in the literal worst, least successful period in franchise history.  As a result, there is a ton of angst, anger, embitterment, and frustration present, and there's plenty of reason for all of those feelings because of the current ownership and state of the team.  So, theres gotta be space for that, just as in 2015, we had countless redundant positivity threads because it was in the air.  You take the good woth the bad, within reason...

I would submit to you that about 24-36 hours ago, those last two words were out the window. 

48 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well luckily just as someone has the right to have their nose up his keester despite the horrific results under his ownership so far others have the right to keep following the team and call out the buffonery until the possible day he either stops meddling and let's someone else make decisions or sells the team.

It's about recognizing that this is quite literally a toxic relationship between some of you and your sports team.  Yeah you have the right to keep following the team, but I think people are valid in voicing their concern for why you choose to willingly stay in that incredibly toxic relationship.  Just like any relationship...like I have the "right" to remain in a toxic relationship with a girlfriend, abusive family member, etc. but there's an objective truth that it's unhealthy and in my best interest to walk away.

The Huddle is, in many ways, like the antithesis to the real world.  On the Huddle, it's the "cool thing" to spend hours a day going on emotional tantrums about how awful everything is.  Positivity is looked down upon as the behavior of losers.  In the real world...the whiny babies are actually the social pariahs who nobody wants to be around because nothing saps you of your energy quite like a one-dimensional wet blanket.  Maintaining a positive outlook in the face of adverse circumstances is considered a good trait...crazy, right?!  Then again I probably shouldn't single out the Huddle when this is more a theme of terminally online culture.

• Pie 4

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was there at that game. It was one of the cringiest things I've ever seen and the entire crowd was just like WTF?

I wonder what went through his and his wife's head when it was dead silence and everybody reacted like that! I mean thought he was a minority owner of the Steelers. Where did he get this crap from? I could see if he had been groomed as an owner under Daniel Snyder. 

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

You left out the worst part, embarrassment.