• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible Play Bryce Was Hurt On

Proudiddy

18 hours ago, chknwing said:

its just stupid, the argument is the cost.  a turf field is what a couple of million installed but grass is higher maitenance?  how much does it cost a team when your star players are being injured.  How much do you think its costing the Jets right now?  Possibly a Super Bowl.

I honestly think Tepper could care less about winning. Dude just seems like he is content with losing and being a bottom 3 NFL franchise as long as us moronic fans keeping buying tickets, concessions, merch, etc.

It will take a collective effort from us by not spending any money on this team to see positive change.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Do we think Anthony Richardson is faking a concussion? He popped right up after the play like nothing was wrong and now all of a sudden he's not going to play this week??? It's AWFULLY fishy.... I'm worried this entire draft might be filled with a bunch of lazy gen z kids who are going to fake injuries at any and every opportunity in order to sit and collect pay checks.

They are all faking it!  In fact Young is faking the fake injury and is actually hurt.  

1 hour ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I honestly think Tepper could care less about winning. Dude just seems like he is content with losing and being a bottom 3 NFL franchise as long as us moronic fans keeping buying tickets, concessions, merch, etc.

It will take a collective effort from us by not spending any money on this team to see positive change.

LAUGHING MY MOTHERFUGGING ASS OFF

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 9/21/2023 at 5:57 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Bryce Young's "injury"...

Offensively, the Panthers have been as woeful as it gets. No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young is tied for the lowest yards-per-attempt average (4.2) in football, he has the second-lowest passer rating, and as a team, they're averaging 210 yards per game. 

Amazing that those sound just like baker's stars through last year's first two games too 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Amazing that those sound just like baker's stars through last year's first two games too 

Baker through two games with us had 380 passing yards, 2 passing TDs to 1 INT. Same TD total, 1 less int and like 80 more passing yards so a total of 40 more yards per game. Panthers also put up 40 points in his first two starts. Panthers with Bryce have put up 27 points. We are dead last in points and passing yards at the moment. 

We’ve been on the other end a few times like Kyle Allen going 4-0 to start with us, Darnold starting 3-0, etc. a lot can change between now and the end of the season. 

On 9/21/2023 at 5:27 PM, Proudiddy said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cxd3yNeL0J1/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Looks legit for an injury, but as a former athlete, it's still tough to believe that even with adrenaline that your ankle got tweaked bad enough that you can't perform the following few days but finished the game without even a limp.

You are underestimating what adrenaline can do then.  Tony Romo finished a game with broken ribs and a collapsed lung.  We just saw Gardner-Johnson finish a game with a torn pec.

Most NFL players are absolutely tough enough to play through an injury that ends up being serious enough to sit them out.

On 9/21/2023 at 5:51 PM, chknwing said:

its just stupid, the argument is the cost.  a turf field is what a couple of million installed but grass is higher maitenance?  how much does it cost a team when your star players are being injured.  How much do you think its costing the Jets right now?  Possibly a Super Bowl.

The Turf is not about football. It’s about all of the things you can do in the stadium because you aren’t worried about destroying the grass. 

I would think that if that was the play….then Frank would have said the play.   Which is pretty standard for a coach.  Frank won’t.  Frank also won’t give any details on the ankle.  Which is again, just a tiny odd.  Normally a coach will comment on a high ankle or rule out X.  Frank hasn’t touched any aspect of it. 

I still lean toward the post game treatment being standard.  Half the team is getting it.  And that Bryce just had some pretty normal wear and tear.  Ankle being one of the spots sore.  But the those stuff most deal with. 

Bryce walking all over BOA and not just the practice field plus the early rule out just  screams giving him a break.  Which is the right call based on what a joke Frank has put together around him. Plus, Young has struggled with adversity before I believe at Bama. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I would think that if that was the play….then Frank would have said the play.   Which is pretty standard for a coach.  Frank won’t.  Frank also won’t give any details on the ankle.  Which is again, just a tiny odd.  Normally a coach will comment on a high ankle or rule out X.  Frank hasn’t touched any aspect of it. 

I still lean toward the post game treatment being standard.  Half the team is getting it.  And that Bryce just had some pretty normal wear and tear.  Ankle being one of the spots sore.  But the those stuff most deal with. 

Bryce walking all over BOA and not just the practice field plus the early rule out just  screams giving him a break.  Which is the right call based on what a joke Frank has put together around him. Plus, Young has struggled with adversity before I believe at Bama. 

It's definitely a soft benching, for all the reasons you stated, but also, I haven't been watching pressers and all that this year bc I just got burned out on them after the Rhule Era - but, I was watching anlocal news editorial on the situation last night and saw Thomas Brown's clip from his presser when asked about the injury and he seemed super pissed.  He seemed irritated and short with the questions, but what caught me was when asked specifically about the injury, he was irritated and dismissive and said, "I don't know.  They said it happened some time in the first half.  I don't know."  I hadn't heard that until last night. He also then added he hadn't seen him limp or anything, then someone asked about his long scramble and if Brown noticed anything off, and he said no.  Just from my observations of his responses, he seemed very skeptical of the injury and was pissed off.  If i had to guess, my belief is the decision to claim he's injured came from Reich and others with more cachet in the staff/brass, and he was pissed bc a) He doesn't feel Bryce was really injured and b) He feels Bryce's struggles are due more to the shitty offense and playcalling so he's frustrated they are benching Bryce without letting him (Brown) try to see if he can help him with his brand of playcalling.  It felt like Brown was frustrated bc he sees what he doesn't like with the current setup but they won't let him try his hand at what he was hired for to see if he can remedy it...  and then on top of that, the reporters were questioning Bryce's toughness as a result of this - inferring he is mentally folding because he's having a rough time so the staff benched him to save him from himself.

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

It's definitely a soft benching, for all the reasons you stated, but also, I haven't been watching pressers and all that this year bc I just got burned out on them after the Rhule Era - but, I was watching anlocal news editorial on the situation last night and saw Thomas Brown's clip from his presser when asked about the injury and he seemed super pissed.  He seemed irritated and short with the questions, but what caught me was when asked specifically about the injury, he was irritated and dismissive and said, "I don't know.  They said it happened some time in the first half.  I don't know."  I hadn't heard that until last night. He also then added he hadn't seen him limp or anything, then someone asked about his long scramble and if Brown noticed anything off, and he said no.  Just from my observations of his responses, he seemed very skeptical of the injury and was pissed off.  If i had to guess, my belief is the decision to claim he's injured came from Reich and others with more cachet in the staff/brass, and he was pissed bc a) He doesn't feel Bryce was really injured and b) He feels Bryce's struggles are due more to the shitty offense and playcalling so he's frustrated they are benching Bryce without letting him (Brown) try to see if he can help him with his brand of playcalling.  It felt like Brown was frustrated bc he sees what he doesn't like with the current setup but they won't let him try his hand at what he was hired for to see if he can remedy it...  and then on top of that, the reporters were questioning Bryce's toughness as a result of this - inferring he is mentally folding because he's having a rough time so the staff benched him to save him from himself.

Same vibe you got with Brown, IMO Andy Dalton put out there too if you listen close IMO.  Was sort of dismissive about a reporter suggesting Bryce could take advantage of watching while hurt….he was like yeah or the other way to look at it is you need to play.   Everything has a weird vibe.   Was a layup question if he was hurt and Dalton steered it to him playing was best.  

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Same vibe you got with Brown, IMO Andy Dalton put out there too if you listen close IMO.  Was sort of dismissive about a reporter suggesting Bryce could take advantage of watching while hurt….he was like yeah or the other way to look at it is you need to play.   Everything has a weird vibe.  

Wow.  I'll have to go watch his, bc like I said, I hadn't been keeping up with them aside from the quotables tweeted out and posted.  But it was actually pretty jarring seeing that clip of Brown's presser, bc it was clear how pissed he was and he definitely didn't appreciate having to discuss Bryce's toughness or the injury...  and it sounded pretty definitive to me that he didnt believe the injury was legit.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Wow.  I'll have to go watch his, bc like I said, I hadn't been keeping up with them aside from the quotables tweeted out and posted.  But it was actually pretty jarring seeing that clip of Brown's presser, bc it was clear how pissed he was and he definitely didn't appreciate having to discuss Bryce's toughness or the injury...  and it sounded pretty definitive to me that he didnt believe the injury was legit.

Why would you bench a rookie quarterback two games into his career, when he just lost by 3 points and has as many touchdowns as interceptions? The point of having a rookie QB is to let him learn. Some guys throw 3-4 picks in their first game and even more the next, but they don't get benched after two games.

I get that you've hated Young since Day 1, but how can you still think that's a viable decision? I flat-out do not understand how we've reached QAnon levels of conspiracy here. 

• Pie 1

I'd get it if he were a pick machine who was ignoring his top targets, but he has no top target. Or even a good target. Of course the YPA isn't gonna be high if
1) pass rush and no open WRs caused 8 throwaways in Week 1 
2) he's missed some downfield throws that would've improved YPA (really, two)
3) receivers aren't getting separation, they're running abysmal routes and they're simply not up to the task befitting their spot on the depth chart
4) Reich's offense, like last year's with Indianapolis, is predicated on short throws and timing throws, not 2011-style bombs
5) Reich's playcalling is situationally less accurate than any pass Bryce has thrown

Edited by Carl Spackler

9 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Why would you bench a rookie quarterback two games into his career, when he just lost by 3 points and has as many touchdowns as interceptions? The point of having a rookie QB is to let him learn. Some guys throw 3-4 picks in their first game and even more the next, but they don't get benched after two games.

I get that you've hated Young since Day 1, but how can you still think that's a viable decision? I flat-out do not understand how we've reached QAnon levels of conspiracy here. 

The entire point of having a rookie QB is to develop him.   You can also ruin a QB by putting him horrific spots.  Carolina doesn’t have a functional offense for a rookie QB to be developed.  They flat out don’t have the talent around Bryce for what they are attempting.  And Bryce is a HUGE investment.   Frank needs to fix the offense is he can actually develop a rookie QB.  Life in his scheme is just going to keep getting harder until change happens and that’s not on Young. 

and I this point, I again go back to Bama.  Young struggled above the shoulders when he got to Bama and life wasn’t the textbook show he was used to.  They did a special on mental health about it.