• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

THE Official David Tepper Sucks Thread

Panthers Fan 69

From a **strictly football perspective** JR was about as good of an owner as you could hope for. Definitely could question his undying loyalty to Hurn Dog, but he delivered two NFC Championships, another trip to the NFCCG in our second year ever, and went to bat to draft Cam when people were saying he never would.

From a football standpoint, going from JR to Tepper was like the majors to Single A.

• Beer 2

Yet another rousing victory for the cancerous method of ownership that dominates North American sports. Hope y'all aren't expecting any kind of winning or even tangential traces of the actual Carolina Panthers team and it's history from now on. It's water under the bridge. We're owned by a northern con man who will treat us as a dollar printing machine and occasionally hype up a cute new marketing gimmick here or there to suck money out of the few poor souls that still root for this husk to come out to games.

The only thing we can hope for is that he relocates and we get a new expansion team here but that doesn't seem very likely; there really aren't any other vacant markets that are good enough to be worth moving to especially when you account for all the headaches that come with relocation and plenty of opposing fans will come out to games regardless of what we do. This team was 7th in attendance last year, guarantee about 30-40% of it were transplant fans.

Edited by beo
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, TeppersEgos said:

I heard he wanted Johnson too. But once Johnson saw the dumpster fire that is this organization, he nope'd back to the Lions. Still, Tepper should have went and hired Shane Steichen. Not the offensive version of Ron Rivera.

Lol on the Rivera part, very good. 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Don't get me wrong I have plenty of beef with him, but right now I'm not even too mad at him specifically?

The Rhule hire was a disaster. He knows, you know it. We all know it. But it's not like he doubled down and made the same mistake again. Instead of hiring an unknown, this time around he tried to play it safe by hiring a guy that had like 5 winning seasons in 6 years at his previous post. While being one of the most respected and universally loved coaches in the league. The complete inverse of Rhule. He showed a clear willingness to learn from his mistakes and hired who we thought would at least be a solid coach while surrounding said coach with an all star cast of assistants. We all loved these moves.

It's like a curse has been placed on the franchise because I'm at a loss for how and why things look so bad right now. This same group basically went 7-10 last year and now we clearly look like the leagues worst team except maybe the Bears. What happened? 

Like, if Tepper had gone from Rhule to some other unknown wildcard coach I'd be way more angry. But that's not what he did. I'm at a complete loss for what is happening right now and why it's happening.

He continues to make the same mistake over and over and over. That is: HE is the CEO of the organization. On Day 1, he needed to hire a "Bill Polian" to be CEO/President. A football man who would then hire the GM, Coach, Scouts, etc. I don't know who that person is. But if you gave me the consultant job, I can guarantee you I can do the research to find out who that person is. That Leader who is at the top of the food chain. Find that Leader and then make him an offer he can't refuse.

When he retained Marty Hurney and didn't clean house immediately, I knew we were in trouble. Why? Because it showed he didn't have his own football people.

As long as Tepper is CEO, this franchise is going nowhere. Even worse than before.

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Gotta wonder if the other owners chose Tepper because they knew that he was going to be an absolute poo owner and we would never contend for a winning season, much less a SB. 

They chose him because he’s fuging stupid rich and cares more about money than football.

15 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

From a **strictly football perspective** JR was about as good of an owner as you could hope for. Definitely could question his undying loyalty to Hurn Dog, but he delivered two NFC Championships, another trip to the NFCCG in our second year ever, and went to bat to draft Cam when people were saying he never would.

From a football standpoint, going from JR to Tepper was like the majors to Single A.

I know you said from a football perspective but some things matter - JR is a sex offender that would be in prison if he didn’t have money to pay for non disclosures. He also took cam bc it was the year a cap was put in place and there was no more monetary risk, he absolutely wouldn’t have otherwise guaranteed. He shafted fans for his ‘buisness’ for years. He was literally a human piece of poo.

that said he did have more winning teams than Tepper, who thinks he’s capable to call shots like an idiot

who would’ve thought 6 non back to back winning teams or whatever in 25 years was a bar too high for Tepper  

36 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

I guess we have to play the hand we're dealt, but if I could vent:

I'm the kinda guy that thinks when something works, don't "fix" it. Steve Wilks worked. His concentration on the run worked. Even Sam Darnold had his best run behind that o-line. The defense was stout. And we almost won the NFC South (if we didn't lose both starter CB's maybe we win the division). The future looked good. Especially with improvements from free agency and the draft. 

Now...I think Reich could be a good coach. But it feels like we're starting all over again. Why? Because there's something about Wilks that Tepper, or whoever, didn't like.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Tepper want to do away with the Keep Pounding mantra? Wilks took over and basically made it his entire coaching personality.

Never seemed like Wilks was much of a yes man and Tepper is always going to have the final say. He’s the owner and that’s his prerogative but we aren’t going to succeed until he takes a step back and accepts he doesn’t know a damn thing about football.

• Beer 1