Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

So what has Reich exactly accomplished to get the #1 pick and an immediate second chance?!?


TheBigKat
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I'm not sure he deserves to be paid what he wants. Frankly he looks a lot like he always has to me - good for a sack or pressure here and there but not really a consistent disruptor.

He’s Max Crosby… not Bosa or Watt

Edited by TheBigKat
  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He has a ton of NFL experience. That was the key qualification Tepper was looking for.  The Panthers are starting to develop quite the habit under Tepper of thinking they can fix a problem by doing the exact opposite of their previous mistake. 

yep, same with adding Jim Caldwell and Dom Capers.  Tepper was just looking to overcompensate the other direction after Rhule.   

Tepper probably called Joe Gibbs and asked him if he wanted to consult this team too.  He might be 82 but he has experience.  Then instead of allstar staff he could of claimed it was a HALL OF FAME staff!!!

We look like a team directed by old farts.   There is a reason the Dolphins are dropping a 70 burger.  They could of done a lot more.   Young imaginative offensive minds looking to take advantage of all the rules in TODAYS NFL. 

yes, we have a young OC.  In theory he could be something to be excited about.  But this isn't his offense.   This is Frank's core offense that is installed.   And it's Frank's calling the plays for the Frank offense. 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He has a ton of NFL experience. That was the key qualification Tepper was looking for.  The Panthers are starting to develop quite the habit under Tepper of thinking they can fix a problem by doing the exact opposite of their previous mistake. 

Yep. Because of Rhule he was hesitant on taking a chance on a coach with no HC experience. Either one of the Eagles assistants should have been the hire. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

yep, same with adding Jim Caldwell and Dom Capers.  Tepper was just looking to overcompensate the other direction after Rhule.   

Tepper probably called Joe Gibbs and asked him if he wanted to consult this team too.  He might be 82 but he has experience.  Then instead of allstar staff he could of claimed it was a HALL OF FAME staff!!!

We look like a team directed by old farts.   There is a reason the Dolphins are dropping a 70 burger.  They could of done a lot more.   Young imaginative offensive minds looking to take advantage of all the rules in TODAYS NFL. 

yes, we have a young OC.  In theory he could be something to be excited about.  But this isn't his offense.   This is Frank's core offense that is installed.   And it's Frank's calling the plays for the Frank offense. 

Our OC essentially took a promotion for a pay raise and a job in title only. I hope it works out for him but did he really get sold on Reich being Andy Reid or something. Hell, for that matter has that approach really worked out for Eric Bieniemy? He ended up making a lateral move to go try to run an offense with a Ron Rivera OL. Best of luck buddy!

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Our OC essentially took a promotion for a pay raise and a job in title only. I hope it works out for him but did he really get sold on Reich being Andy Reid or something. Hell, for that matter has that approach really worked out for Eric Bieniemy? He ended up making a lateral move to go try to run an offense with a Ron Rivera OL. Best of luck buddy!

Man that game was brutal. Was all 4 INTs because of pressure. (Serious Question, being a UNC fan.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Reich has never been a savant. He was fired from the Chargers, he was carried by Pederson and he wasn’t even the first choice for the Colts. 
He literally has been mediocre everywhere he went. He has never been good. 

From Wikipedia...

Quote

Reich was hired by the San Diego Chargers, along with Whisenhunt, in 2013. When Whisenhunt left to become head coach of the Tennessee Titans, Reich was promoted to offensive coordinator.[16] On January 4, 2016, he was fired from his position as offensive coordinator after the Chargers finished 31st in rushing and struggled on offense.[17]

 

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Yep. Because of Rhule he was hesitant on taking a chance on a coach with no HC experience. Either one of the Eagles assistants should have been the hire. 

In my opinion if you are in the NFL you have more NFL coaching experience that’s any HC in college. 
Tepper overcorrected. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

Man that game was brutal. Was all 4 INTs because of pressure. (Serious Question, being a UNC fan.)

I didn't see the 4th one but the first three were all under pressure or actually being hit in the act of throwing. All three were balls he should've just ate and taken the sack so that's on him but their pass protection was possibly the worst I've ever personally seen at the NFL level which is a powerful statement from a long time Panthers fan. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...