• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF grades after week 3 (not for the faint of heart)

Cdparr7

I'm going to give Ikcey a break since he's having to try and pickup some slack from Zavala filling in at LG - and is coming off his worst game of the year by far - but it is disappointing. His PFF grade was like 20 points higher on the year after the Saints game, IIRC.

It's a reminder that, despite playing well overall last year, Ickey is still a young player with developing left to do.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Ekwonu is incredibly worrying so far this season, such a disappointment how big of a step back him and the entire line have taken. Derrick Brown continues to be my shining star of this team. 

I remember being sold he was a mean road grader who played with aggression and I haven’t seen that at all 

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Vikings have a terrible defense and it's at home.  We need Bryce to play this game and get some confidence.  Hopefully he is healthy enough to play.

So…you are saying the Panthers aren’t the Vikings ‘get well’ game

sadly, I believe they are

and if the panthers think they can win. Then Dalton needs to start

he gets the ball out on time and in rythm when he isn’t killed by the DL

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

Those who have a violent temper or are prone to emotional outbursts- look away! especially if you are near others or animals.

I can't seem to filter the results to just the Seattle game. But here are the 6 highest and lowest on the team through 3 games. 

(High)

1.  Derrick Brown (DL) 85.3

2. Xavier Woods (S) 83.7

3.  Andy Dalton (QB) 80.3

4.  Frankie Luvu (ILB) 75.0

5.  Brian Burns (OLB) 74.2

6. Adam Thielen (WR) 74.1

(Low)

1.  Chandler Zavala (G) 27.6

2. Bryce Young (QB) 40.8

3. Ihmir Smith-Marsette (WR) 41.2

4. Amare Barno (OLB) 46.2

5. Ikem Ekwonu (T) 48.1

6. Cade Mays (G) 49.2

Fitterer first round picks:

Jaycee Horn IR

Ikem Ekwonu 48.1 grade 

Bryce Young 40.8

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

So…you are saying the Panthers aren’t the Vikings ‘get well’ game

sadly, I believe they are

and if the panthers think they can win. Then Dalton needs to start

he gets the ball out on time and in rythm when he isn’t killed by the DL

What does a Dalton win get us?  This year is about developing Young and a weak defense is a good game to start doing that.  Let Brown get the running game corrected and let Young get some confidence if he is healthy.  

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

What does a Dalton win get us?  This year is about developing Young and a weak defense is a good game to start doing that.  Let Brown get the running game corrected and let Young get some confidence if he is healthy.  

It gets a non vacant stadium of panthers fans 

it gets the team off the losing streak 

it gets young a chance to watch and learn how to throw to his receivers 

it keeps him from getting killed until the RG returns I’m not sure even Corbett can fix that 

as far as the run game, that needs the starting guard back too and two backs starting who aren’t   It’s not hard to see 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

It gets a non vacant stadium of panthers fans 

it gets the team off the losing streak 

it gets young a chance to watch and learn how to throw to his receivers 

it keeps him from getting killed until the RG returns I’m not sure even Corbett can fix that 

as far as the run game, that needs the starting guard back too and two backs starting who aren’t   It’s not hard to see 

The fans don't want to see Dalton.  The best thing for Young is to get experience.  If he is healthy he needs to play against a bad defense at home.  That's what the season is about.  

1 hour ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'm going to give Ikcey a break since he's having to try and pickup some slack from Zavala filling in at LG - and is coming off his worst game of the year by far - but it is disappointing. His PFF grade was like 20 points higher on the year after the Saints game, IIRC.

It's a reminder that, despite playing well overall last year, Ickey is still a young player with developing left to do.

Zavala is affecting his surrounding OL.  Might want to put him back on the RG side where he played decent.  

• Pie 5