• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young Won the Job at the Pro Day Dinner

Towelboy

Just now, Buckeye Homer said:

Bryce is going to be good.  You knew this year would be a development year for Bryce and that Carolina wasn't winning a Super Bowl this season.  Carolina, just like everybody else, will need to build this team by making good draft picks and acquiring key players via free agency.  

And this is the problem...we do not have the front office in place to do this.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

^This.

Y'all acting like the Texans wouldn't have pounced on Young if they had the #1 pick. He was the consensus top pick across the NFL, and it wasn't even close.

Yes, Young is having a slower start due to the WRs having minimal ability to separate. The Texans WRs, while no world beaters, do separate much better.

Development takes time. Young isn't perfect off the gate, and that's fine. Likely he will improve as the season goes on.

The team may suck and be 2010 levels bad, but the goal is to see Young improve through that. He isn't the problem. Stroud/Richardson would also be bad with this team, as unfortunately Reich can't call a good game + WRs separation ability/o-line philosophy doesn't mix well with the offensive game.

I wanted Carolina to draft CJ but I DO believe that Houston was a better landing spot for CJ for a variety of reasons, one being that they do actually have talented WR's.  

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Holy crap when hasn't Tepper been involved with the process? WTF are yall talking about. He is always in the room. Draft, scouting trips, meatballs. He doesn't look like a Jerry trying to be a GM but he sure is on hand anytime something goes down. That doesn't take away form the rest of the crew doing their thing. He is always there and crap always ends up the same seems to be the consistent things going on since he bought the team. 

I was really hoping that Tepper was going to occupy himself with the business side of the house.

• Flames 2

I’m a frustrated fan. I dislike the owner - mostly stemming from his arrogance, botched deal with Rock Hill, and reluctance to put grass back in BOA. I dislike the GM because he consistently trades away future assets for mediocre players. I dislike the coach because his gameplan is dated and wont relinquish play calling duties to the up and coming OC. I dislike the QB because he seems lost, lacks confidence, and has average arm strength. I question if there is a clear direction for this team and unfortunately see another few years of bad football in Carolina. This team is consistently inconsistent. This year is ugly and I’m not sure when it will turn around. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

^This.

Y'all acting like the Texans wouldn't have pounced on Young if they had the #1 pick. He was the consensus top pick across the NFL, and it wasn't even close.

Yes, Young is having a slower start due to the WRs having minimal ability to separate. The Texans WRs, while no world beaters, do separate much better.

Development takes time. Young isn't perfect off the gate, and that's fine. Likely he will improve as the season goes on.

The team may suck and be 2010 levels bad, but the goal is to see Young improve through that. He isn't the problem. Stroud/Richardson would also be bad with this team, as unfortunately Reich can't call a good game + WRs separation ability/o-line philosophy doesn't mix well with the offensive game.

Imagine if role were reversed and Young was in Houston and Stroud here

its be the same crap.

we’d be saying “we should’ve taken Bryce”. 

“Why did this stupid front office pick a QB that’s bad under pressure behind this crappy OL”

60E2D30C-38CF-4338-B3AC-2384975C8DFE.jpeg

7299B935-1FEF-46A2-8099-D2B9F800166E.jpeg

F54A3278-930B-488E-B1BB-1A820461386D.jpeg

AC83EB7C-6F36-460C-9B76-725648B80D6F.jpeg

A6516941-6328-4E8F-8E49-9A85ACD8EB95.jpeg

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I was really hoping that Tepper was going to occupy himself with the business side of the house.

Too busy making deals but after the SC fiasco it's obvious where his attention is focused. 

The other hint is that he keeps hiring people he likes and not people that do a better job. 

And he is training Nicole in his ways...

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

First of all, all the other teams weren't sitting quiet, there were multiple teams trying to trade for him.

Second, if it really was Tepper's call and he was the one forcing it, he'd have agreed to the fully guaranteed deal and made sure the deal got done.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-moving-on-from-nfl-trade-deadline-interest-in-deshaun-watson-sources-say/

"Panthers executive Steven Drummond is very close with Texans top exec Jack Easterby, the Texans would prefer to ship Watson to the NFC, all things being equal, and Tepper's motivation to land Watson should not be overlooked. He has made it clear throughout his organization for some time that he covets the Texans' franchise QB."

https://nfltraderumors.co/panthers-owner-david-tepper-reportedly-highly-motivated-to-land-deshaun-watson/

"According to Jason La Canfora, Panthers owner David Tepper is consumed by the prospect of landing Texans QB Deshaun Watson if and when Houston makes him available via trade."

https://catcrave.com/2021/02/18/deshaun-watson-david-tepper-final-say/

However, the influence of David Tepper cannot be understated. The team owner has been bold with his moves since buying the franchise from Jerry Richardson and if the billionaire has any say in the matter, Watson will be on the Panthers next season.

Doesn't sound at all like an owner that's not heavily involved in the process, now does it? 

• Flames 4

6 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Carolina, just like everybody else, will need to build this team by making good draft picks and acquiring key players via free agency. 

With what picks? We have to overspend to get players because veterans want to be part of consistent winners. We’ve never had back to back winning seasons. Ever. Carolina is where free agents get a chance to play or ride out for retirement. We are not a destination. 

• Beer 1

You cant name one person or source that was calling the texans wr core talented coming into the season. It was people on this very forum saying stroud would struggle this year because he had no talent around him compared to ohio state. Its the biggest horse poo talking point going on right now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

You cant name one person or source that was calling the texans wr core talented coming into the season. It was people on this very forum saying stroud would struggle this year because he had no talent around him compared to ohio state. Its the biggest horse poo talking point going on right now.

Just because some preseason ranking it doesn’t mean crap.

Just because Nico Collins may have been WR51 in your Fantasy WR rankings coming into the season.  Doesn’t mean he could be better than that or worse (see some of our WRs who some over inflated)

Ill take game film over some preseason fantasy rankings, 

Sorry, film don’t lie.

• Pie 1

Back in April I called it that Bryce wouldn’t make it to week 8. I’ve been consistent saying he would bust. When it is finally obvious to the majority I will be here waving at you.  He shows zero “it” factor, he looks slow, he has almost no zip on his passes and he looks like a fish out of water on the field in every aspect. He played in a college program with the most elite players at every position playing against inferior talent 75% of the season,  making him look way better than he actually is. 
 I have no doubt Young is super smart and can process things quickly, but he lacks NFL level skills and talent. I think he processed our  brain trust at these dinners and  snookered them.  

• Beer 1