• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL executives give Bryce Young early grade

Icege

11 minutes ago, Fright said:

We were 1 game away from winning the NFCS.. they were dead last in the AFC... you tell me. 

Considering how bad the NFCS was last year and how much better the AFC is as a whole right now then the NFC, and that the Texans played the NFCE last year, that means nothing.

Edited by KSpan

I mean he did play the Falcons defense who’ve played well so far (limiting Lions to 20 points is a success) and Saints defense who’ve shown they’re legit. 

Andy Dalton played a Seahawks D who’ve averaged almost 32 PPG allowed so far, so who knows, maybe Bryce would’ve played the same or better against that type of defense. 

If Bryce plays against the Vikings, who’ve been allowing 28 PPG…we’ll get a better look to grade him and compare. 

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

These assessments match my own almost exactly. It's refreshing to read some actual logical and well thought out takes on Bryce for once instead of "he's small and can't throw 5 yards! BUST!!!" after 2 games.

He’s small is accurate. He came throw past five yards is inaccurate. You can’t be a bust after two games. 

• Pie 1

We'll see how he progresses over the course of the season. My primary concern is that so far it looks like both of my concerns about Bryce pre-draft were valid. Those concerns being how his physical tools would translate to the NFL (mobility and arm) and durability. Through two games we've seen him not be able to escape, his arm look below average, and missed a game. I'm just not convinced that his mind is going to be able to overcome the physical deficits but it's still very early and we'll see.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

23 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Is this really true though? Texans have been picking high for several drafts now and our first round picks aren't looking great. 

As folks have said, it’s just two games… 

But we on paper have a better offensive line ( Stroud had his whole starting offense miss the first two games basically ) , we have a better running back, we have better WRs, we have an all star coaching staff. They are better at TE on paper going into this season. 

But this can only be judged off of last season or three games of this season. 

Folks are grasping at straws trying to make it look like Stroud has been working with all pro personnel and elite coaching out of the gate. He was supposed to be going to the worst situation of the top 3 QB's.

We just need Bryce Young to get out there and do his thing. As much as some of these Panthers fans who want to shout down criticism think they are helping Bryce Young they actually just sound like his mom. That's a man. Let him stand on his own two feet and prove something at this level. I hope he does.

• Pie 1

I was highly critical of the talent coming in largely because it didn't fit the type offense Bryce could find success in.  NFL is all about players being in places where they fit.  What I think he needs. 

1.  a legit receiving RB

2. a legit quick slot play

We went into this season with neither.  Young needs those given how he plays.  Given his style and strengths. 

Cohen likely can come in and check one of those.  But why are we waiting until in season to nurse one of those types into shape. 

We went into the season largely with 2 rushers we are pretending are receiving RBs and slow slot plays or bad route runners at that go to. 

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Cool story

that has no relevance to this 

a thread posted about another failed QB we drafted and started as a rookie and the reactions he was receiving around the same exact time his first season? 

"it's only week 2"

"he has no help"

history repeats itself. it's super hard to accept, I know. just get it over with and it accept it now, you're seeing history repeat itself. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

a thread posted about another failed QB we drafted and started as a rookie and the reactions he was receiving around the same exact time his first season? 

"it's only week 2"

"he has no help"

history repeats itself. it's super hard to accept, I know. just get it over with and it accept it now, you're seeing history repeat itself. 

1 was a 2nd rd pick

1 was the top prospect in the draft.

now if you go find me a thread on Burrow after having a mediocre first 2 games on a Bengals board

That be more relevant.

We get it.

You’re a Stroud fan boy and you never wanted Bryce in a million years.

We all gathered that from your 10+ threads a day this spring that kept getting locked and ended with you getting suspended for a bit.  

I thought you were still suspended because you disappeared post draft but came crawling back out of your cave after these first 2 games

Edited by ncfan

1 minute ago, MechaZain said:

how many more Peyton Manning and Jimmy Clausen comparisons have to be made before the Huddle understands that it's too early to make a call on Bryce 

Unfortunately 

we have some on here.  Including a few that disappeared after the draft that were sitting on that send button after week 1.

• Pie 1