• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Johnson?

ATLpanther

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

They wanted Byron Young definitely panicked. Could’ve just stood pat and got more offensive arsenal (Spears, Downs, Scott) and not given up a later pick. The EDGE class was still good enough to not reach. And we weren’t in position to reach on a project. Reaching on a boom/bust? That’s fine but not a project.

Yeah we don't need many early round projects right now.  We need high floor players for depth/holes on the roster.  Later rounds aside from OL can we used on projects/special teamers.  I agree.

Just now, MasterAwesome said:

Evero seems legit, so if he wanted this guy and thinks he can do something with him, then I'm still hopeful.  

Weren't most of us pretty impressed by how good he looked in preseason?  I remember seeing him flash multiple times.  Maybe he still needs a little more coaching up, that's not necessarily an awful indictment of a third round pick.  I think people are hung up on the age too much...I've said it before, just cause you're a 24 year old rookie doesn't mean you're a finished product and a technical master of your craft.  He's 24 lol he'll be in his physical prime during the entirety of his rookie contract (if he makes it to the end).  People act like he's already on the decline and we should trade him to the Rock Hill Nursing Home for a 2029 11th round pick.

most pass rusher takes around 3 years of development until they begin to take the next step. DJ is already 24 and likely Evero wont be around in a year or two. Fitt saw all the pass rusher flying off the board in the late 2nd and early 3rd and panicked trade like he normal do.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, ATLpanther said:

I get it but us drafting him is water under the bridge. I hated the pick too. But god damn….special teams should be a place for an athletic freak regardless if he’s going to pan out as a pass rusher. Why the F isn’t he even playing special teams?! Why is no one asking questions about him in the media?

our media coverage is really weak.  All the good ones gone.  Sheena about the only one that will step up put some pressure on folks. 

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When you're 0-3 and pretty much look like poo a 3rd round rookie is pretty far down the list of concerns. Especially when your #1 overall pick has looked mediocre and is out with injury. All the focus is on Bryce right now, which we all knew it would be for better or worse.

We definitely need Bryce to have a good game.  Even if we don't win he needs to look much better.  That will settle down the fanbase and help players buy in to this new staff.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We definitely need Bryce to have a good game.  Even if we don't win he needs to look much better.  That will settle down the fanbase and help players buy in to this new staff.

Most of us weren't expecting to win a SB this year and we'll be plenty happy if we just see reason to believe that we've solved the QB problem.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Oh wow I never saw this at the time. Even people who are defensive of the Panthers should be able to admit this is not normal or indicative of a well run organization. This is no different than Jerry Richardson having his sons involved in operations.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fitts is more and more looking like Hurney 2.0. I haven't seen much to be impressed with.

We're still leaning on Hurney's old first rounders. I can't honestly name a player Fitterer has drafted that we simply could not do without. Horn is the only one under consideration but availability makes that moot.

• Pie 1