• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Johnson?

ATLpanther

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

He was Yetur insurance and YGM has actually been playing at a decent level believe it or not.

ummm

i know pff isn't the end all be all, but ygm is grading out at 57.8, which is right in line with his previous 3 seasons.  he's ranked 83rd out of 112 edge defenders

there's plenty of PT for an edge on this roster 

3 minutes ago, Buckets said:

ummm

i know pff isn't the end all be all, but ygm is grading out at 57.8, which is right in line with his previous 3 seasons.  he's ranked 83rd out of 112 edge defenders

there's plenty of PT for an edge on this roster 

Pff is not law, he has been setting the edge much better this year than the previous few years. He’s also rotating in. Burns, Houston, Barno, and YGM are gonna be the main 4 until one of them goes down.

A lot of time our drafting feels like we predetermine our picks. Like we're taking a WR in the 2nd, an edge rusher in the 3rd, etc. We don't seem to do a good job of taking advantage of the strength of draft classes or letting the draft come to us. I get it, you may have it in your head you'd like to draft a certain position in the mid-rounds then there's a run on that position in the late 2nd/early 3rd. The rational thing to do is simply target another position. The Panthers thing to do is panic trade up and reach at the position. That's how you end up trading up to draft DJ Johnson.

• Beer 1

On 9/27/2023 at 10:50 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

The guy is a 25 year old rookie who bounced around the roster in college with his coaches trying to find a spot to make use of his athletic talents. It was always a baffling pick to me and a pick they forced IMO. Seemed like they were hell-bent on drafting an edge rusher relatively early and panicked when they started flying off the board. I said as much when the pick was made.

Trying to be optimistic in general with the heavy fit hate going around..but mannnnn oh man, when we made that pick I said outloud “thats some sh*t I’d do in my fantasy football draft!”

Johnson and a 5th round pick next year is all we have left from trading CMC, with the 2nd from that used in the Bryce trade.

The guy needs to pan out or the CMC trade will be an EPIC failure.

We always could have found a way to make the Bryce trade work without that 2nd, so I don’t really count much of that as coming from the CMC deal.  So to use the other 2 picks from it this year to trade up and take him, he needs to be active and make some plays.