• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns

6 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The season is over. We need picks. Our D is no worse than it's been in recent memory. We can afford to trade Burns. Do it.

The move last year would have been trade burns and keep McCaffrey.  I would love dj Moore and cmc in a trade for burns. We picked burns over our two best offensive players one of which scored 4 fuging times today.

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, toldozer said:

The move last year would have been trade burns and keep McCaffrey.  I would love dj Moore and cmc in a trade for burns. We picked burns over our two best offensive players one of which scored 4 fuging times today.

not even gonna lie, CMC was great for us early and then got that fat contract.  We then proceeded to hire Rhule and Co. and when CMC was like "this is a clown show" every time he had an injury it kept him out the entire season.  He quit on the Panthers and got what he wanted....I'll never NOT think that.

5 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Just because you say it doesn’t make it true lol

if we want a legit #1 WR to come to this dump of a coaching staff we’re gonna have to consider ponying up $25M. Couple that with a Brown extension which I really hope we do, you wouldn’t suddenly be able to throw $30M at Burns.

I’m not even saying he isn’t worth it in a vacuum, but when you add the context of having to build around your massive investment into QB it is a legit discussion. Plus it’s not only the cap savings, but the draft capital you’d get (which hopefully Fitt is gone for by then) 

well lets dive into it. currently we aren't paying anyone really. moton is taking up the most cap. half of what hes costing would go back into burns and with cap increase why cant you afford him if hes one of your few spending points?

Cap space isnt really a issue tight now. you can still spend on players and build around. we dont have any significant players under contract we cant save and move stuff around on.

Screenshot_20231002_025523_Chrome.jpg

Edited by micnificent28

8 hours ago, Fright said:

Nowhere near? Might want to check their first 4 year stats… might surprise you how similar they are. Peppers also had the luxury of playing alongside Jenkins and Mike Rucker… but again.. the reasons fans want to get rid of Burns is EXACTLY the same reason fans wanted Peppers gone.

He was dpoy in his 3rd season.  Wtf are you even talking about here

I would be floored if Burns is not traded by the deadline. The way this season is going for both him and the team, it would make sense. Burns has proved the team's point that he is not the difference maker he claims to be. Burns getting the contract now would make little to no sense. If the current trend continues, I don't believe the same GM will be in place. The question is will the move be made during the bye week, when the team is officially eliminated from the postseason, or the end of the season?

If before the deadline, I imagine the interim guy deals him to gain offseason resources. I haven't heard anything regarding Carolina trading for a WR and would be surprised if the GM is allowed to do so given the current state of the team. I imagine if he has been given the green light on searching for such an offer, his bargaining chest has been capped to something to the equivalent of a Day 3 pick. 

1 minute ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I would be floored if Burns is not traded by the deadline. The way this season is going for both him and the team, it would make sense. Burns has proved the team's point that he is not the difference maker he claims to be. Burns getting the contract now would make little to no sense. If the current trend continues, I don't believe the same GM will be in place. The question is will the move be made during the bye week, when the team is officially eliminated from the postseason, or the end of the season?

If before the deadline, I imagine the interim guy deals him to gain offseason resources. I haven't heard anything regarding Carolina trading for a WR and would be surprised if the GM is allowed to do so given the current state of the team. I imagine if he has been given the green light on searching for such an offer, his bargaining chest has been capped to something to the equivalent of a Day 3 pick. 

I'm seeing a conditional 7th for Chase Claypool in the cards just to look like we're making some sort of effort

In my opinion, I'm not really mad that we didn't trade Burns in hindsight. But it does really suck, we most likely would have a 2023 1st and a 2024 1st, and a 2023/24 2nd to build off. I think the Bears trade makes this missed opportunity sting even more.

6 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

If a move is made this is about what I would expect. Possibly JJ in Denver.

I have a hard time seeing Payton willing to move Jeudy for anything less than a day 2 pick. If Jeudy is the target, think it'd have to be Jeudy and draft compensation for Burns. 

2 minutes ago, br2nc0 said:

In my opinion, I'm not really mad that we didn't trade Burns in hindsight. But it does really suck, we most likely would have a 2023 1st and a 2024 1st, and a 2023/24 2nd to build off. I think the Bears trade makes this missed opportunity sting even more.

Hindsight 20/20, but man, imagine if you keep CMC, trade Burns to the Rams for that huge amount of draft capital, then use that capital to move up in this past year's draft rather than including Moore. Bryce may not be the guy, but I'd like to see how he'd look with some proven playmakers around him.

Edited by UNCrules2187