• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is fine. The Panthers are fine.

AceBoogie

49 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

In order for Bryce to work out and be worthy of what we sacrificed he has to be a borderline HOF level player. He has to be the bonafide outlier of QBs of his size and stature. That’s what has to happen.

That’s literally the gamble here. And it was a dumb one. We outsmarted ourselves just because Bryce is a “good kid”.

The reason Bryce is a super computer processor is because he had to be out of necessity. He doesn’t have the physical tools to play within the game and we are seeing it right now.

If being smart was most of what it took then Ryan Fitzpatrick would be a HOF. 

We basically traded up for a Taylor Heineke. Plenty of QBs understand the game, few can really play it at starter/elite level.

Quality post kind sir.

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Don’t let the local Bryce detractors fool you. You see, they messed up when they hoisted Andy Dalton’s performance last week (in a loss) as the standard that Bryce needed to meet. 

Bryce not only met that standard, he exceeded it. They told you that Andy Dalton pushed the ball down field and implied Bryce could not. Hmm…

Dalton: 6.2 YPC last week in Seattle, Bryce actually had a slightly higher average at 6.4. He took what the defense gave him and even had points negated due to poor execution of his teammates. That’s not on him. 

Dalton’s passer rating last week: 88.4.           Bryce’s passer rating this week: 93.2

Instead ask yourself, why does the offense look like this. The answer is that we simply don’t have the playmakers that can create more explosive plays.

Bryce executed the offense just as well. Stop being miserable haters. It’s not too late, it’s fine. We have a good young QB and you don’t need to compare him to anyone. There will always be prettier fish in the sea.  

This will be a process. We have a QB, and even those of you who don’t believe in him it’s fine. He’ll still be here when you do. 

I've been watching and studying football for nearly 60 years. First, I ask: How can you be so sure? 

Here is my concern. I have not seen one thing in three games that made me say "Wow." Now, in evaluating someone, you don't have to say"Wow!" a lot. Just an occasional "Wow." When you are the first pick in the draft and the organization mortgaged to farm on you, there should some "Wows." Some plays where you say, "I get it." There haven't been. 

Bryce Young does not have elite accuracy. He does not have a strong arm. He doesn't seem to have elite speed nor quickness. All we've heard since January is how smart he is. But...I have yet to see a "Wow" play. Not one.

I agree. He has no weapons. But still...if he had the "It" factor, wouldn't we have seen a spark of it in the first three games?

• Pie 4

Man you bryce defenders are starting to get really god damn annoying. He literally lost the game with a fumble 6 and the offense struggles to do anything for 90 percent of the game because he doesnt throw down field. 

Stop being a stats whore and use the eye test. The offense consistently moved with Dalton and consistently stalls with Bryce. There's a correlation there whether you chose to acknowledge it or not. 

Edited by Pantha-kun
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

Man you bryce defenders are starting to get really god damn annoying. He literally lost the game with a fumble 6 and the offense struggles to do anything for 90 percent of the game berceuse he doesnt throw down field. 

I bet some of these same folks shredded Teddy for playing just like this. This honestly feels just like the Teddy days.

25 minutes ago, Hogan said:

I've been watching and studying football for nearly 60 years. First, I ask: How can you be so sure? 

Here is my concern. I have not seen one thing in three games that made me say "Wow." Now, in evaluating someone, you don't have to say"Wow!" a lot. Just an occasional "Wow." When you are the first pick in the draft and the organization mortgaged to farm on you, there should some "Wows." Some plays where you say, "I get it." There haven't been. 

Bryce Young does not have elite accuracy. He does not have a strong arm. He doesn't seem to have elite speed nor quickness. All we've heard since January is how smart he is. But...I have yet to see a "Wow" play. Not one.

I agree. He has no weapons. But still...if he had the "It" factor, wouldn't we have seen a spark of it in the first three games?

Teddy Bridgewater and Kyle Allen have outperfomed him at this point in time.

Not saying Bryce cant get better. But right now? It looks BAD. 

I totally agree with you. Its not  that bryce is throwing 4 picks a game or whatever. I can live with mistakes with a rookie QB. Its just the lack of explosive plays, lack of energy, lack of emotion, and lack of any sort of impressive throws or running ability that has me fuming that we traded up all those assets for him. You do that for a QB that has elite accuracy (like Stroud) or elite atheltetic traits (like AR). Doing all that for a QB that his only great equallizer is how smart he is? Is stupid.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was incredibly smart. Did that make him one of the best QBs in the league???? You could say that same for a lot of former QBs that eventually went into coaching. 

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I bet some of these same folks shredded Teddy for playing just like this. This honestly feels just like the Teddy days.

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

It’s wild we ditched Teddy to ultimately end up with Teddy.  Time is a flat circle.

At this point Teddy has outperformed Bryce by a massive margin. Go back and actually watch those first few games Bridgewater played. 

35 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

For the Bryce is fine folks:

Can you please direct me to a play or a pass where you go "Holy poo that is why he is the #1 pick".

Because after 4 games I havent seen jack poo from young to make me think he was the correct pick.

This was always the problem with drafting Bryce, because he never was the type of player to have those “wow” type of plays.

He was a player who would beat you cerebrally, like Brady did for all those years.  Brady would have “wow” drives, but even he really didn’t have the individual “wow” plays because it wasn’t his style of game.

The problem is it’s looking like we were sold some snake oil based on off field stuff that isn’t translating to the field at this level.  

And by “we” I mean the team, as I never wanted to draft him anyways, even before the trade he was the one guy in the draft I didn’t want. 

This all seemed very foreseeable 

Edited by tukafan21